1) Our ability to perform everyday tasks, such as walking up the stairs, is an example of
A. health promotion.
B. activities of daily living.
C. good health.
D. improved quality of life.
2) The concept most consistent with a contemporary definition of wellness is
A. absence of chronic disease.
B. a healthy mind indicates a healthy body.
C. overall well-being.
D. being without unpleasant symptoms.
3) Emotional health can best be described as being able to
A. be self-sufficient and self confident.
B. think clearly and reason objectively.
C. adapt to various social situations.
D. problem solve emotional problems.
4) The six dimensions of wellness
A. affect health independently of each other.
B. demonstrate the separateness of mind and body.
C. seldom influence one another.
D. interact continuously.
5) Spiritual health could best be described as
A. related to one’s purpose in life.
B. finding fulfilling relationships.
C. optional for achieving wellness.
D. exclusive to religiosity.
6) Keisha puts herself down all the time. She is very negative about everything and doubts her ability to succeed. Keisha is displaying
A. poor self management.
B. clinical problems.
C. low self-esteem.
D. exogenous behavior.
7) A mentally healthy person who gets a speeding ticket would likely respond by
A. learning from the situation and planning to watch their speed more carefully.
B. crying and expressing their emotions.
C. getting angry and feeling frustrated.
D. becoming withdrawn and falling into a “funk.”
8) What substance plays a vital role in maintaining healthy skin and hair, insulating body organs against shock, maintaining body temperature, and promoting healthy cell function?
9) Calories from foods like soda and ice cream are called
B. nutrient dense.
10) What is the difference between a portion and a serving?
A. A portion can be larger or smaller than a serving.
B. A serving is the actual amount you eat and a portion is estimated.
C. A serving amount varies more than a portion.
D. Serving sizes and portions are always equal.
11) Which of the following nutrients moves food through the digestive tract?
12) To obtain all necessary nutrients
A. eat a variety of foods.
B. take supplements.
C. limit intake of empty calorie foods.
D. be sure to drink water.
13) To increase your intake of complex carbohydrates, which of the following could you incorporate into your diet?
14) Miguel is a cross-country runner and is therefore able to sustain moderate-intensity, whole-body activity for an extended time. This ability relates to what component of physical fitness?
A. cardiorespiratory fitness
C. body composition
D. muscular strength and endurance
15) Regular aerobic activity improves the efficiency of the heart by
A. decreasing the blood volume.
B. thinning the blood.
C. strengthening the skeletal muscles.
D. increasing the amount of blood pumped with each heartbeat.
16) Which statement best summarizes the association between exercise and improved immunity?
A. Most improvement occurs when a moderate exerciser begins a more intense exercise program.
B. Regular exercise does not promote a healthy immune system.
C. Brisk exercise temporarily increases WBC (White Blood Cells) to boost immunity.
D. Long term, heavy exercisers get the most gain in immunity.
17) Which of the following is a way to assess aerobic capacity?
A. CT scan of heart during exercise
B. Blood gas analysis
C. Graded exercise test
D. Exercise adequacy test
18) Which is true about target heart rate?
A. It is a measure of the heart rate after 20 minutes of exercise.
B. It is a percentage of your maximum heart rate.
C. People in poor physical condition should exercise above their target heart rate until they are in better shape.
D. It varies by a person’s body weight.
19) The principle of resistance training that suggests that muscles should be gradually required to do more than they are used to doing is
20) Your heart races and you cannot think of anything to say when you are asked to speak in front of a group of your peers. This is an example of
A. a hot reactor.
D. the stress response.
21) A pop quiz in class is an example of
B. a stressor.
22) An example of an event most likely to be associated with eustress is
A. forgetting to do an assignment.
B. getting the highest score in the class on a difficult exam.
C. getting sick right before finals week.
D. bouncing several checks.
23) Amy feels great these days. She knows what to expect this semester, has refined her time management skills, and has learned how to manage her responses to stressors. Her weight is under control and she is in the best physical condition of her life. She doesn’t have any worries. Amy is in a state of
C. sympathetic control.
24) You finally decide to try to manage your stress. After assessing all the things in your life that are stressors, the next step would be to
A. determine which stressors can be reduced.
B. learn to cope with the stressors.
C. eliminate your emotional responses.
D. take mental action to change your response to the stressors.
25) The process of replacing negative thoughts with positive ones is referred to as
A. cognitive restructuring.
B. thought shifting.
D. thought stopping.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more