On a separate sheet of paper, number from 1 to 25. These numbers correspond to the strategies described.
What type of strategy best describes the 25 actions cited?
Exchange papers with a classmate, and grade each other’s paper as your instructor gives the right answers.
Classify Some Recent Strategies Purpose
This exercise can improve your understanding of various strategies by giving you experience in classifying strategies. This skill will help you use the strategy-formulation tools presented in Chapter 6. Consider the following recent strategies by various firms:
1. Amazon started producing and selling its own line of diapers.
2. MillerCoors offers free delivery of Miller Lite in four U.S. cities for customers who order through its online store.
3. Sears is closing about 235 stores annually.
4. The largest toymaker in the United States, Mattel, is struggling; therefore, it is introducing flashier and more educative toys.
5. German power utility E.ON SE sold its Spanish assets to Australia’s Macquarie Group and Kuwait’s sovereign-wealth fund for $3.1 billion.
6. Target Corporation is closing all of its 133 stores in Canada and China.
7. Coca-Cola recently axed 1,600 white-collar jobs globally as part of a cost-cutting move.
8. Nissan has totally revamped its Titan full-size pickup truck with new features and options and style.
9. General Motors just introduced a sports car version of its electric car, the Chevrolet Volt, and is introducing an all-electric vehicle in 2017 called the Chevrolet Bolt, capable of driving 200 miles without recharging.
10. SolarWinds acquired Pingdom, Confio, and N-Able Technologies to obtain different products and services since the solar business has slowed as oil prices have dropped.
11. Amazon Studios is branching out from television series to movies, with plans to begin producing and acquiring original movies for theatrical release and video streaming.
12. ZF Friedrichshafen AG of Germany recently acquired TRW Automotive Holdings in the United States to create the world’s second-largest auto-parts supplier behind Germany’s Robert Bosch GmbH and ahead of Japan’s Denso Corp.
13. Southwest Airlines recently began flying outside the United States, with flights to the various Caribbean, Central America, and Mexico destinations.
14. Amazon is pushing aggressively into the same-day grocery delivery service with its AmazonFresh business along the west coast of the United States.
15. USPS has begun delivering groceries for Amazon.com within the AmazonFresh grocery-delivery service, especially in San Francisco and other markets.
16. USPS also recently launched Access Point, a strategy that allows customers to pick up their packages at dry cleaners, convenience stores, and pharmacies.
17. The huge food company General Mills recently acquired Annies’ Inc. for $820 million, paying a 37 percent premium for the firm, in order to expand its presence in the rapidly growing organic and natural foods category.
18. Google recently entered the hotel-booking industry by acquiring the firm called Room 77 and expanding its ties with big hotel firms such as Hilton Worldwide Holdings and Radisson Hotels that now offer virtual tours on Google. Google now allows hotels to list their rooms on their site, in effect bypassing travel search sites such as Priceline Group, Expedia, and TripAdvisor
19. Google recently partnered with the medical firm Novartis to develop high-tech contact lenses that monitor glucose levels and other body functions.
20. Amazon recently entered the mobile payments business and is now competing with PayPal, ApplePay, and all charge cards.
21. The world’s largest furniture retailer, IKEA, recently diversified into the insurance business, providing child, pregnancy, and home insurance products at its stores.
22. Office Depot closed nearly 500 stores in the last three years.
23. The drugmaker, Dendreon Corporation, recently filed for Chapter 11 bankruptcy. Its major drug, Provenge, which treats prostate cancer, never gained traction in the market.
24. Symantec Corporation, known for its antivirus software, recently split its $4.2 billion cybersecurity business away from its $2.5 billion management information business, making them two publicly traded companies.
25. eBay recently split into two companies, with PayPal being one and the eBay Marketplace segment being the other.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more