Week 2 Assignment: FIN/370
Purpose of Assignment
Students should be able to calculate time value of money problems including solving for; present value, future value, rate and payment, determine the value and yield of corporate bonds, and use the dividend discount model to calculate the value and expected return of a common stock.Complete the following Questions and Problems from each chapter as indicated.
Show all work and analysis.
Prepare in Microsoft® Excel® or Word.
Format your assignment consistent with APA guidelines if submitting in Microsoft® Word.
*The questions and excel documents needed are attached.*
Chapter 5 Questions 3 & 4
3. Calculating Present Values [LO2] For each of the following, compute the present value:
4. Calculating Interest Rates [LO3] Solve for the unknown interest rate in each of the following:
Chapter 6 Questions 2 & 20
2. Stock Values [LO1] The next dividend payment by Halestorm, Inc., will be $2.04 per share. The dividends are anticipated to maintain a growth rate of 4.5 percent forever. If the stock currently sells for $37 per share, what is the required return?
20.Negative Growth [LO1] Antiques R Us is a mature manufacturing firm. The company just paid a dividend of $10.25, but management expects to reduce the payout by 3 percent per year indefinitely. If you require a return of 9.5 percent on this stock, what will you pay for a share today?
Chapter 7 Questions 3 & 11
3. Valuing Bonds [LO2] Even though most corporate bonds in the United States make coupon payments semiannually, bonds issued elsewhere often have annual coupon payments. Suppose a German company issues a bond with a par value of €1,000, 23 years to maturity, and a coupon rate of 5.8 percent paid annually. If the yield to maturity is 4.7 percent, what is the current price of the bond?
11. Valuing Bonds [LO2] Union Local School District has a bond outstanding with a coupon rate of 3.7 percent paid semiannually and 16 years to maturity. The yield to maturity on this bond is 3.9 percent, and the bond has a par value of $5,000. What is the price of the bond?
Chapter 8 Questions 1 & 6
1. Stock Values [LO1] The Jackson–Timberlake Wardrobe Co. just paid a dividend of $1.95 per share on its stock. The dividends are expected to grow at a constant rate of 4 percent per year indefinitely. If investors require a return of 10.5 percent on The Jackson–Timberlake Wardrobe Co. stock, what is the current price? What will the price be in three years? In 15 years?
6. Stock Valuation [LO1] Suppose you know that a company’s stock currently sells for $63 per share and the required return on the stock is 10.5 percent. You also know that the total return on the stock is evenly divided between a capital gains yield and a dividend yield. If it’s the company’s policy to always maintain a constant growth rate in its dividends, what is the current dividend per share?
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more