We will begin the process of developing assessments for an instructional plan using the backward design model. In this model, we begin with the end in mind; therefore, when developing an instructional plan, we begin with the standards that we use to develop measurable learning objectives to ensure alignment. Once that is finalized, educators then create assessments before writing the instructional plans as this will ensure alignment between how we measure learner knowledge with instruction. Assignments in Weeks 1 through 5 will all be used in your Final Paper, so be sure to review your instructor feedback to make any necessary revisions in Week 6.
Prior to beginning work on this assignment,
· Review the Weekly Lesson for Week 1 that provides more explicit details on how to create measurable learning objectives.
· Read Chapter 4: Learning Objectives, Assessment and Instruction. Be sure to complete the activity at the end of 4.1 that will help you identify measurable learning objectives.
· Explore the following article about the backward design model (Links to an external site.) Understanding by Design (Links to an external site.).
· Watch the following video about the backward design model (Links to an external site.) Grant Wiggins – Understanding by design (1 of 2 (Links to an external site.)).
· Review the Read the Standards (Links to an external site.) web page.
Consider the following:
· Teaching does not only happen in classrooms. There are many avenues in which you might need to know how to teach and assess learners. Consider what area of teaching you envision yourself. Do you see yourself as a classroom teacher, a corporate or health trainer, a military trainer, for example?
· Consider what type of learners you would be teaching and the content area of interest.
Content Instructions (Due Monday, Day 7)
Complete the following:
· Fill out the Week 1 Developing Learning Objectives Assignment Template (see Weekly Lesson for Week 1 for an exemplar). The Week 1 template is what you will submit to Waypoint.
· Highlight your chosen path that you foresee yourself teaching in (ex. PreK, K through 12, Military Trainer, Corporate Trainer, Health Trainer, etc.)
· Copy and paste a selected standard from the following options:
o Pre-K standards of your state.
o Common Core State Standards (CCSS) that are for math and reading (see Read the Standards (Links to an external site.)).
o K-12 standards of your state if you do not follow the CCSS or if you choose a different content area than math and reading.
o Standards that are outside the discipline of the public schools (e.g., military, corporate, healthcare, etc.)
· Develop three measurable learning objectives that align to your selected standard.
o Check out Week 1 Weekly Lesson, which will provide additional support for developing your objectives.
o Use the Bloom’s Wheel (Links to an external site.) to help you create three learning objectives within three different cognitive (thinking) levels. Be sure to label each objective with the level of thinking from Bloom’s Taxonomy.
o Select from the verbs in the middle section of the wheel when writing your measurable learning objectives. Having measurable objectives makes writing your assessments so much easier!
Writing and Formatting Expectations
Your Developing Measurable Learning Objectives assignment
· Complete the Week 1 Developing Learning Objectives Assignment Template.
· Must include a separate title page with the following:
o Title of paper
o Student’s name
o Course name and number
o Instructor’s name
o Date submitted
For further assistance with the formatting and the title page, refer to APA Formatting for Word 2013 (Links to an external site.).
· Must complete the one page template (be sure to include the title page).
· Must use proper syntax and mechanics. Your writing should display meticulous comprehension and organization of syntax and mechanics, such as spelling, grammar, and punctuation.
· Must use APA formatting consistently throughout. Refer to the Ashford Writing Center (Links to an external site.) for assistance with APA style and formatting.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more