There are several purposes for this assignment:
1. To provide you with an exploration of the concepts of nurses’ ways of knowing.
2. To provide an opportunity to reflect about your own ways of knowing.
3. To evaluate your written communication skills and your ability to organize your thoughts in a logical presentation.
4. To determine your mastery of APA format.
Requirements for this paper include:
1. Before beginning this assignment, please read the following documents (located in module two – Patterns of Knowing in Nursing – under the weekly learning modules button in blackboard):
a. Fundamental Patterns of Knowing in Nursing
b. Pedagogical Evolution
2. Before beginning this assignment, please read the following document (located in module three – The Art and Science of Nursing – under the weekly learning modules button in blackboard):
a. The Art and Science of Nursing: Similarities, Differences, and Relations
3. This assignment should state your understanding of nurses’ ways of knowing.
a. Define the 4 patterns of knowing (empirics, ethics, personal knowledge, and esthetics) described by Barbara Carper. Compare definitions that you find in the literature with those described by Barbara Carper.
b. Describe why these patterns of knowing are essential to the professional nurse.
c. Reflect upon how one of these patterns was used by you in the practice setting.
4. Length must be three (3) to four (4) content pages plus the title page and references page(s).
5. There must be at least five (5) references. You are expected to use the readings listed above as references and then locate an additional 2 or more references in the literature. You must include a minimum of three (3) journal articles from scholarly resources.
Note: A scholarly resource is defined in NURS486 as a publication written by academics, researchers, or other scholars. This publication communicates new research and scholarly ideas and may be called ‘refereed’ or ‘peer-reviewed’ resource. Use of Wikipedia is prohibited in this course.
6. Submit the paper through the Turn It In Assignment link (located within the Long-Term Assignments button in the “Ways of Knowing” paper folder.
7. Before submitting your paper, complete the APA Checklist. Please copy and paste your competed version of this checklist and attach it to your paper after your reference section.
please check the following below for the paper.
Required reading: Introduction to Nursing Pedagogy.
Required reading: Carper, B. (1978). Fundamental patterns of knowing in nursing. Advances in Nursing
Science, 1(1), 13-23. (attached file above)
Required reading: Altmann, T. K. (2007). An evaluation of the seminal work of Patricia Benner: Theory or
philosophy. Contemporary Nurse, 25, 114-123. (attached file above)
Required reading: Jewell, A. (2013). Supporting the novice nurse to fly: A literature review.
Nurse Education in Practice, 13(4), 323-327. (attached file above)
Required reading: Feeg, V. D. (2001). Another view on professionalism. Pediatric Nursing, 27(3), 220, 222.
(attached file above)
Professional Practice Model Examples: https://www.bing.com/images/search?q=nurse+practice+model&qpvt=nurse+practice+model&FORM=IGRE
Go to: American Association of Colleges of Nursing (AACN) and review the Essentials of Baccalaureate Education for Professional Nursing Practice. Within this document, you will find information about the characteristics of the Baccalaureate Generalist nurse.
Grading Rubrics is below.
Title Page • Running head: ALL CAPS
• Page header includes page number
• Title page is page 1
• Title and author info is centered on page and is double spaced Greater than 3 errors. Multiple errors or no title page included.
Introduction The purposes of paper/objective are discussed in a succinct and clear manner. Purpose is unclear or disorganized. Purpose is not identifiable. ___/5
Four Patterns of Knowing The four patterns of knowing are explained in a succinct and clear manner with use of at least 5 references (3 journal articles from scholarly resources). One or more pattern of knowing is not defined or not supported by a reference. The four patterns of knowing are not identifiable. ___/10
Patterns of Knowing Essential to Professional Nurse Clearly and succinctly describes why the four patterns of knowing are essential to the professional nurse and supported with scholarly references. The essential relationship of one or more of the patterns of knowing to the professional nurse is not described and or not supported by a reference. No explanations are provided that describe why the four patterns of knowing are essential to the professional nurse, or explanations are non-supported or unclear. ___/10
Example of One Pattern of Knowing in Practice Setting Clearly describes how one of the patterns of knowing was used within the clinical/practice setting with supporting details. Example of one pattern of knowing used within the clinical/practice setting was provided, but not described clearly or with details. No example of the use of one of the patterns of knowing in clinical/practice setting is provided. ___/10
Conclusion A summary is utilized to demonstrate all objectives of the paper were met in a clear and succinct manner. Summary lacks clarity or conclusion of paper. Non-existent conclusion. ___/5
References • Is titled: References and is centered
• Is double spaced, but no extra space between each entry
• Second and succeeding lines of individual reference is indented one tab Greater than 3 errors exist. Multiple errors exist or no reference page included. ___/10
APA Format APA 6th edition is followed with 0-1 errors. APA 6th edition is used but greater than 2 errors exist. APA 6th edition is not used or multiple errors. ___/20
Scholarly Writing Spelling, no contractions or 2nd person (you) in a formal paper.
Grammar-verbs and nouns agree. Tenses correct,
No run-on or fragment sentences. Comma usage.
Use active voice rather than passive voice.
Author names, not “the study concluded.. or found…”
Research does not “prove.”
Five or more errors exist throughout paper including spelling and grammar. Poor use of grammar and scholarly writing throughout entire paper, multiple issues exist. ___/20
Total Points: _______
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more