U7D2-24 – The Impact of Current Issues on Personnel Management
Search the literature to:
1. Analyze current issues experienced by public service employees impacting efficient personnel management practices.
2. How are these issues addressed and what is the theory driving this approach?
Unit 7 – Paradoxes of Democracy and Motivation
In this unit, you will delve into what for many human resources managers are some uncomfortable topics. Among the sex, race, religion, gender, and age topics, gender is a frequent cause of issues that have paradoxes that are difficult to approach with hard and fast rules (Hays, Kearney, & Coggburn, 2009). A woman, for example, may sometimes be forced to choose between her family and work if there is not an appreciation of the needs she may have to deal with. The balance between freedom of the individual and absenteeism at work is complex.
A special problem in public institutions concerns micromanagement from public figures. In this unit, you will gain an appreciation of this problem through a case study of the Columbia disaster. Micromanagement is not a simple problem, and you may need to review your understanding of dealing with pressures when you look into your feelings on resisting inappropriate micromanagement that compromises your integrity and that of your organization.
Hays, S. W., Kearney, R. C., & Coggburn, J. D. (2009). Public human resource management: Problems and prospects (5th ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: CQ Press.
To successfully complete this learning unit, you will be expected to:
1. Describe the value that a public service culture brings to a public organization.
2. Explore issues such as family obligations or health problems that can be problematic to maintaining efficient personnel management practices.
[u07s1] Unit 7 Study 1 – Readings
Use the Research Library to read the following:
• Hoogland deHoog, R. (2015). Collaborations and partnerships across sectors: Preparing the next generation for governance. Journal of Public Affairs Education, 21(3), 401–416.
• Marino, M. (2005). Understanding the importance of job descriptions: How to put them in writing. Public Relations Tactics, 12(2), 26.
• Parrish, D. E., Harris, D., & Pritzker, S. (2013). Assessment of a service provider self-study method to promote interorganizational and community collaboration. Social Work, 58(4), 354–364.
• Patton, M. T. (2013). Avoiding common job description mistakes. AMT Events, 30(3), 142–144.
Skim the following:
• Lane. J. (2000). Public sector: Concepts, models and approaches (3rd ed.). Thousand Oaks, CA: Sage Publications.
Columbia Case Study
Case Study: The Columbia Accident
VIEW CASE STUDY MATERIALS
To gain an appreciation for the problem of micromanagement, consider the of the Columbia space shuttle disaster.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more