Statistical Computing Using Excel. Please save your results as a 97/2003 Excel file. Answers should be in the same workbook and 5.1 practice problems on Worksheet 1, 6.6 problems on Worksheet 2 and 7.9 Practice Problems on worksheet 3. Highlight the answers.
5.1 Practice Problems (Worksheet 1)
1. Total cholesterol in children aged 10-15 is assumed to follow a normal distribution with a mean of 191 and a standard deviation of 22.4.
a. What proportion of children 10-15 years of age have total cholesterol between 180 and 190?
b. What proportion of children 10-15 years of age would be classified as hyperlipidemic (Assume that hyperlipidemia is defined as a total cholesterol level over 200)?
c. What is the 90th percentile of cholesterol?
2. Among coffee drinkers, men drink a mean of 3.2 cups per day with a standard deviation of 0.8 cups. Assume the number of coffee drinks per day follows a normal distribution.
a. What proportion drink 2 cups per day or more?
b. What proportion drink no more than 4 cups per day?
c. If the top 5% of coffee drinkers are considered heavy coffee drinkers, what is the minimum number of cups consumed by a heavy coffee drinker? Hint: Find the 95th percentile.
6.6 Practice Problems (Worksheet 2)
3. A study is run to estimate the mean total cholesterol level in children 2-6 years of age. A sample of 9 participants is selected and their total cholesterol levels are measured as follows.
185 225 240 196 175 180 194 147 223
Generate a 95% confidence interval for the true mean total cholesterol levels in adults with a history of hypertension.
7.9 Practice Problems (Worksheet 3)
1. The following data were collected in a clinical trial evaluating a new compound designed to improve wound healing in trauma patients. The new compound was compared against a placebo. After treatment for 5 days with the new compound or placebo the extent of wound healing was measured and the data are shown below.
Percent Wound Healing
Treatment 0-25% 26-50% 51-75% 76-100%
New Compound (n=125) 15 37 32 41
Placebo (n=125) 36 45 34 10
Is there a difference in the extent of wound healing by treatment? (Hint: Are treatment and the percent wound healing independent?) Run the appropriate test at a 5% level of significance.
2. Use the data in Problem #1 and pool the data across the treatments into one sample of size n=250. Use the pooled data to test whether the distribution of the percent wound healing is approximately normal. Specifically, use the following distribution: 30%, 40%, 20% and 10% and a=0.05 to run the appropriate test.
3. The following data were collected in an experiment designed to investigate the impact of different positions of the mother on fetal heart rate. Fetal heartrate is measured by ultrasound in beats per minute. The study included 20 women who were assigned to one position and had the fetal heart rate measured in that position. Each woman was between 28-32 weeks gestation. The data are shown below.
Back Side Sitting Standing
20 21 24 26
24 23 25 25
26 25 27 28
21 24 28 29
19 16 24 25
Is there a significant difference in mean fetal heart rates by position? Run the test
at a 5% level of significance.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more