Topic: The Pine Life Cycle
Lab 10 Pine Life Cycle
Your plant codename (password)
For this lab, you will find, collect, dissect, photograph, and describe the characteristics of pines, including long-shoot/short-shoot growth habit, fascicles of needles, pollen cones, seed cones, and seeds.
1. Briefly describe where you found the tree(s) you chose to study and photograph for this lab. Identify the species of this pine. Pines are most commonly identified by the number of needles per fascicle and the size and shape of the seed cones, so be sure to note (and photograph) those characteristics specifically. In the parks and neighborhoods of Goleta and Santa Barbara the most common species planted include Monterey Pine, Canary Island Pine, and Aleppo Pine. Along Camino Cielo Road in the Santa Ynez Mountains above Santa Barbara you will find Coulter Pines. In the San Rafael Mountains behind Lake Cachuma grow Coulter Pines, Sugar Pines and Ponderosa Pines. If you find a species not listed here, be sure to tell me where you found it.
2. Review the pine life cycle diagram on pp. 442-443 in the textbook, and make a list of ways in which this life cycle is similar to the life cycle of ferns (see pp.422-423 in the textbook), and another list of ways in which it differs.
Materials and Methods
Include the following six photographs:
1. A photograph of the tree you chose to study (not necessary to include a card in this photo).
2. A close up photograph of a single fascicle of needles.
3. A close up photograph of one or more pollen cones. The pollen cones may not be in prime condition. You may have to hunt for last year’s old dried up ones, maybe even on the ground under the tree; this is fine.
4. A photograph of a mature seed cone.
5. A close up photograph of a pine seed that you bought (Trader Joe’s has the best price) and dissected to show clearly the embryo and megagametophyte tissue.
6. A picture downloaded from the internet of the world’s oldest potted plant. Of course, it is not necessary to include a card in this picture
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more