• Select an area of social policy. Describe the nature of the social problem within that area of policy. How has it been presented by governments and by NGOs? What policy responses and services have been provided to deal with this problem? Are there other ways of responding to the problem?
It is important to use a variety of sources –government reports, policies and statements, submissions from NGOs, articles, books and websites. You must use AT LEAST ONE government report, or a report or submission from a peak body or NGO.
The policy i choose is Poverty
Poverty (you might choose a particular group, like women, Indigenous people, recent immigrants)
Introduction Briefly introduce the social policy area and mention the main points and direction of your argument. State your position.
Describe the social problem
• Why is it a problem? To whom? For how long has it been of concern?
• Particular events that led to the concerns?
• Use of statistics to illustrate nature and extent of problem – use demographic information (gender, age, city versus rural areas)
• What are its social causes (or, how can we understand it sociologically?)
• Is it specifically to do with Australian society? Is it a ‘western’ problem?
Representation of the social problem
• How has the problem been represented by governments and other groups (e.g. community groups/ parents’ groups, academics, private industry/ advertising – e.g. childhood obesity, people with whom the problem is identified)?
• Different perspectives – values/ attitudes (community, family, market, state)
• Different interests and agendas? Here you might also consider what discourses are at play in the different ways that the social problem has been constructed i.e. neo-liberal ideas; arguments about free will and choice; social democratic arguments about citizen rights, and social obligations; ideas about gender, the family, the self… etc
• What policies and services have been put in place to deal with the problem?
• Describe these policies/ services – offered by state, federal or local governments? (E.g., National policy initiatives)
• Solutions offered by ‘private’ enterprises?
• Range of services offered to deal with the problem
Could it be handled differently?
Here is the opportunity for you to exercise your critical faculties and your knowledge of social policy – Can you suggest better ways for the social problem to be addressed?
Remember to conclude your essay. Sum up the main points of your argument.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more