Week 7 Reasonning Skills
Truckloads of waste contaminated with cadmium may either be sent to a sanitary landfill or a hazardous waste landfill. The levels of cadmium vary daily so each morning a sample of truckloads must be tested to determine which landfill to use. If the mean level of cadmium exceeds the allowable amount of 1 milligram per liter for a sanitary landfill then the trucks must be sent further to the hazardous landfill. Of course, driving a further distance requires more expense for the company. You are in charge of testing and determining which landfill to use for dumping for today.
You will use a 5% level of significance for your hypothesis test.
1. State the null and alternative hypotheses, and identify which represents the claim. Why?
2. Determine the type of test that you should use: left-tailed, right-tailed, or two-tailed. Explain your reasoning.
3. What sampling technique would you use to determine your sample of truckloads that will be tested this morning? Should a small sample or a large sample be used? Does it really matter?
4. What decision concerning your null hypothesis would result in a Type I error? What is the interpretation and the implication of this error? What about a Type II error? Obviously, you want to minimize the risk of both types of error when decision making. Which of these errors is more serious in this situation?
5. Suppose that the null hypothesis is rejected when you perform your hypothesis test. Assuming that a correct decision was made, what do you believe regarding the mean level of cadmium on today’s truckloads? Give a complete interpretation.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more