University of Phoenix Material
Answer the following multiple choice questions by highlighting the answer. There is one correct answer per question.
1. Which historical perspective stated that psychologists should study the different components of the mind independently, because to understand how the conscious mind works, we must understand all of its individual parts completely?
2. Edward Titchener used a method for studying the mind that became popular during the Structuralist period. The method, called _____, required trained participants to report their conscious mental experiences to the investigator. For example, if a person was angry, they would report all of their experiences during the time they were angry.
3. A potential problem with ___________ research is _____________.
a. longitudinal; cohort differences
b. cross-sectional; subject attrition
c. cross-sectional; cohort differences
d. longitudinal; random assignment
e. cross-sectional; maturation
4. Research by _____________ legitimized psychological science when it became the first psychological research presented as evidence to the United States Supreme Court.
a. Muzafer Sherif
b. Irving Janis
c. Mamie Clark
d. Phillip Zimbardo
e. Kurt Lewin
5. To determine whether changing one variable like education will produce changes in another like income, we must conduct _____________________ research.
6. Mary is studying the effect of high blood sugar on intelligence test performance. Which of these might be her hypothesis?
a. People should not eat high sugar foods prior to IQ testing.
b. High sugar foods increase energy and improve IQ test performance.
c. People who eat high sugar foods before testing will have lower scores on an IQ test than people who do not.
d. Roughly 75% of people had lower IQ test scores after eating high sugar snacks right before testing.
e. Individuals should not be given high sugar snacks prior to IQ testing.
7. Which of the following research methods would be most effective in demonstrating whether the presence of others improves our performance of a task?
a. An experiment
b. A correlational study
c. A survey
d. A field study
e. An historical study
8. Which of the following psychological studies would you expect to have similar results cross-culturally?
a. Milgram’s study of obedience to authority
b. Asch’s conformity study
c. Study of the symptoms of mental illness
d. Study of Maslow’s hierarchy of needs
e. Study of parenting styles
9. According to the APA Ethical Standards, psychologists must inform participants of the nature of the research; and that they are free to participate, decline to participate, or withdraw from the research at any time. These requirements, among others, are necessary to ensure the participants’ ______.
b. risk level
c. informed consent
e. risk/benefit ratio
10. Making an ethical decision involves
a. simply applying a clear and definitive set of guidelines for ethical research
b. deciding that an ethical decision is effective if it makes you happy
c. identifying what ethical guidelines are relevant in a situation and what is at stake for all parties involved
d. maintaining the anonymity of the researchers
e. maintaining the anonymity of the participants
11. According to the APA Ethical Standards, who is ultimately responsible for the ethical conduct of research done in psychology?
a. The Institutional Review Board
b. The individual researchers
c. The sponsoring institution, such as the university
d. The assistants who test the participants
e. The funding agency
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more