Topic: “Preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/department”
Research Methods for Health Service Management.
Report and individual research plan, for evaluating a health service (2000 words)
Preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/department.
Word count:2000 words
Turnitin: This assignment does have to be submitted through Turnitin.
This assignment is intended to assess the following learning outcomes:
a) Explain the use of descriptive and inferential statistics in the design and interpretation of health and healthcare research, and in service improvement.
b) Identify the nature and sources of information and data needed to write a research proposal and report using appropriate research process criteria
c) Plan a research project appropriate to a field of study
d) Select and implement appropriate analytical techniques
e) Constructively critique the research of others, identifying strengths and weaknesses in technique, analysis and conclusions.
f) Evaluate an existing healthcare or service programme
Details of the task In your report and plan you will be expected to:
1) Select a health outcome relevant to your programme (Health Service Management) and critically evaluate research studies relating to a service designed to improve this health outcome.
2) Your critical evaluation should include discussion of the creation, expansion, contracture or closure of the service.
3) Discuss the significance of the service in terms of its health, economic and social impact by providing critical analysis of research.
4) Describe populations (geographically, socially, economically, etc) that may benefit most from this service (please make reference to specific research evidence to support the information presented).
5) Identify research priorities relating to this service. i.e. Is further research/evaluation required?
6) Provide a plan to describe how research/evaluation may provide more information about the effectiveness and cost effectiveness of this service
You are expected to collect information using various data sources including reports; electronic databases; and scientific publications. When using statistical data, graphs etc. and/or academic literature, the sources of data should be clearly indicated and referenced using the Harvard system (see guidelines on Moodle). Your report and plan should provide supporting evidence and citations throughout.
This component will be re assessed in the reassessment period in August.
Suggested Structure of the HSM Assignment Report Research Methods
Choose a form of Health Technology of interest or relevance to you.
“Preventing and controlling infectious diseases and managing personnel health and safety concerns related to infection control in Accident and Emergency settings/department”
Search for Economic Evaluation evidence in the literature, or in places like the NIHCE website
NB you will need to pick technology that HAS economic evidence
Your report can be up to (check with students) 2000 words in length +/- 10% and should cover the following areas:
1. A brief introduction (200 words)
Eg definition of health technology (eg, Health technology is the application of organized knowledge and skills in the form of devices, medicines, vaccines, procedures and systems developed to solve a health problem and improve quality of lives), identification of an illness or Problem in healthcare management that could benefit from economic evaluation evidence.
State briefly what studies you have found , state briefly what you are going to do in the next sections
2. A description of the studies you have found/chosen,(about 2 or 3) and an assessment of the strengths/weaknesses of each study design – use the relevant CASP checklist
.Please use relevant references and the Harvard technique as required. 500 words.
3. A similar section briefly assessing the ECONOMIC evidence for its strengths and Using the Economic CASP Checklist. Please use relevant references and the Harvard technique as required.
4. Discuss briefly how a manager might implement these methods in practice and the advantages and disadvantages of that. You could use a project
management GANTT chart for example 500 words/
5. A brief conclusion outlining the benefits of bringing in this new technology or treatment and summarizing the issues you have discussed and what you have learned. 300 words.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more