Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder
1. Watch the film: The doctor is In: Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder (1991). https://archive.org/details/DoctorIsInPTSD
2. Provide a brief summary of the film.
You are working the afternoon shift in an inpatient psychiatric unit. The patients are in the day room watching a movie when suddenly someone starts yelling. You and other staff rush to the day room to find J.J., a 55-year-old male patient, crouched in the corner behind a chair, yelling at the other patients, “Get down. Get down quick. “You and the other staff are able to calm J.J. and the other patients and take J.J. to his room. He apologizes for his outburst and explains to you that the movie brought back memories of the Gulf War. He had forgotten where he was and thought he was in combat again. He describes to you in detail the memory he had of being ambushed by the enemy and watching several of his comrades be killed. You remember hearing in report that J.J. is a Gulf War veteran.
1. You read in his medical record that J.J. has posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD). What are common causes of PTSD, and what is the most likely cause of J.J.’s condition?
2. According to the DSM-V, name three criteria that must be present to diagnose posttraumatic stress disorder (PTSD).
3. What is the difference between PTSD and acute stress disorder, according to the DSM-V?
4. Which symptom(s) of PTSD did J.J. most likely experience?
5. What therapeutic measures can be done to help J.J. during your shift this evening?
6. While you are in J.J.’s room, he states that he would like to rest for a while, and he requests something to “calm his nerves. “You check his medical record see these PRN medications listed. You review the Chart and the following medications are ordered PRN: Tylenol, Xanax, and Ambien.
a. Which medication is most appropriate to administer at this time? Explain.
7. What are the adverse effects of long-term use of benzodiazepine anxiolytics?
8. You decide to notify J.J.’s physician about his reaction to the movie. The physician writes an order to start paroxetine (Paxil). How does this medication differ from the alprazolam?
9. J.J. asks you whether there are other things he can do, in addition to medications, to help his anxiety.
a. List some relaxation and therapeutic techniques that could be implemented or taught to J.J. to help relieve his anxiety.
10. J.J. is for discharge from the hospital. To what level of care will J.J. be discharged, and name some of the treatment modalities that could help him with his PTSD and related problems?
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more