Reaction Essay I: Police & Community
Due: 5 p.m. Thursday, May 11, 2017 (no late essays will be accepted, as per the syllabus).
Total Points: 50
Format and Directions:
1. Write 4-6 pages (double-spaced, page numbers, 12 point font, 1 inch margins, Times New Roman) for the paper. Place a header at the top of each page with your NAME (see example above). Insert, header, “your name.” You will be deducted points without an appropriate header. Further, avoid writing in the first (I, we, us, our) and second (you, your) person. Essays and research papers should be written in third person. Do not use contractions. Spell out your words. For example, don’t –> do not.
2. You will be graded on substance, accuracy, organization, and clarity of argument. In addition, you will be graded on spelling, grammar, punctuation, and sentence structure.
Make sure you start each essay with an INTRODUCTORY PARAGRAPH and finish with a CONCLUSION PARAGRAPH. State your purpose clearly (more detail below).
3. Be sure to use your lecture notes, and recommended readings from texts and other readings posted on Blackboard. You do not need outside sources for this assignment. Do not cut (or copy) and paste from the lecture notes or readings. Information used must be in your own words – no direct quotes. I want to see what you know – not what the author(s) knows.
4. Be sure to use appropriate citations (APA style).
Examples of within text citations: Eck and Spelman (1986) state; or, a text summary followed by (Eck and Spelman, 1986).
Task: Explicitly discuss each of the following topics in your essay.
1. Define community policing (CP). What was the purpose behind implementing CP, and how is it intended to be implemented in police agencies. (10 points)
2. Define problem-oriented policing (POP). What does it focus upon, and are police supposed to do (both organizationally and individually) to address problems? (10 points)
3. Compare and contrast the SIMILARIATIES and DIFFERENCES between CP and POP. As an example (you may focus on different issues as well), how do CP and POP address issues surrounding organizational structure? Accountability to citizens? The use of data? Effects on crime and/or fear? (15 points)
4. Taking into account the strengths and limitations of POP and CP, which do you believe holds more promise in terms of national implementation? Why? (The key here is to document a few of the strengths and limitations of each approach). (15 points)
Note: The introduction of your paper should outline what you will discuss in the paper; And, the conclusion should wrap-up your main points.
As an example: “The purpose of this paper is to compare and contrast problem-oriented policing approaches with community policing approaches. First, the essay describes community policing (CP) and problem-orienting policing (POP). Next, a discussion of the similarities and differences between CP and POP is provided. Lastly, the essay concludes with a discussion about …”
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more