omm 618 human resource management week 1 -discussions
vomm 618 human resource management week 1 -discussions
Answer the questions to the case, “Jack Nelson’s Problem,” at the end of Chapter 1.
1.What do you think was causing some of the problems in the savings and loan home office and branches?
2.Do you think setting up an HR unit in the main office would help?
3. What specific functions should an HR unit carry out?
4. What HR functions would then be carried out by supervisors and other line managers?
Answer the questions to the case, “LearnInMotion.com: A Question of Discrimination,” at the end of Chapter 2.
1. Our company is in New York City. We now have only about five employees and are only planning on hiring about three or four more. Is our company covered by equal rights legislation?
2. Were we within our legal rights to ask the possibly age-related and substance abuse–related questions? Why or why not?
3. Did Dan and Alex create a hostile environment for Ruth? Why or why not? How should we have handled this matter?
4. What have we been doing wrong up to now with respect to EEO-related matters, and how do you suggest we rectify the situation in the future?
Include an introductory paragraph and concluding paragraph for the paper.
Main ideas should be addressed in body paragraphs with a topic sentence and supporting sentences.
Adhere to standard rules of English grammar, punctuation, and mechanics.
The paper should be checked for spelling and grammatical errors.
The format of the paper is to be as follows:
Typed, double-spaced, Times New Roman font (size 12), one-inch margins on all sides, APA format.
In addition to the three to four (3-4) pages assigned, a title page with the title of the assignment, your name, the instructor’s name, the course title, and the date is to be included, as well as a Reference Page.
Sources documented using APA style for in-text citations and listed on the References Page using APA style format.