Logistics Research Paper
You will be writing a short research paper in this class as part of the course objectives. The paper assignment is broken down into several milestones. All the milestones except for the topic approval are optional but are highly recommended in order to stay on track with paper submission.
Topic (required for approval) Each student is responsible for selecting a topic for the research paper. Logistics has several interesting dimensions. These include, but are not limited to, inventory, warehousing, transportation and materials handling. As you consider a problem area as a possible topic for your Individual paper, you should do preliminary research to find an aspect that is both personally interesting to you. Keep in mind that the paper should be no less than 8 pages and no more than 10 pages in length (this is for the body only and does not include the cover page, table of contents or reference page). Please note: There will not be points deducted if the paper runs slightly over 10 pages. Just keep the page length reasonable.
As you think about a topic for your paper, you should try to start with a broad topic and then narrow it down to a topic that will fit the page requirements. Common ways to limit the topic include selecting a particular industry, considering a type of product, and domestic versus international logistics.
You should develop a goal in developing the research paper. This goal will also help you narrow the topic and identify where you want to focus your research.
Some examples of goals include:
1. Recognize the importance of strategic logistical issues and their relationship to attainment of supply chain objectives.
2. Measure the environmental forces, trends, and strategic issues facing organizations in both the public, private and non-profit sectors so that students can devise logistics strategies that can deal with these circumstances.
3. Apply the evolving concepts of supply chain management and how the logistics function is expanding into a larger and more proactive role in managing the complete materials cycle. Students will be challenged to devise logistics strategies that mutually support the organization’s marketing and financial efforts.
4. Recognize the importance of internal and external partnering and how logistics organizations are devising strategies where logistics plays a key role within the organization.
5. Devise logistics strategies that consider overall cost of ownership, quality, best value, and optimal inventory objectives.
6. Devise logistics strategies for use of third-party logistics service providers for fulfilling requirements.
7. Recognize trends in international logistics and what factors logistics professionals should consider in planning international logistics options.
8. Apply the broader responsibilities of logistics so that they can contribute to ethical organizational practices, meeting environmental objectives, and improve the attainment of socio-economic programs.
9. Devise a futuristic perspective of what logistics will be like in the next century by examining trends and research on the knowledge and skill requirements for the logistics in the next decade.
10. Recognize the importance of logistics in dealing with natural and humanitarian disasters, such as Hurricane Katrina or war.
11. The course goals / objects are also another source of topic ideas. As previously mentioned, these goals are not topics per se. Instead, your topic should be a sub-set to meet one of the goals. For example, a research paper topic based upon item number 2 above may be: “Comparing the logistical challenges facing for-profit organization and non-profit agencies after a natural disaster.”
The outline can be submitted the week after the topic selection. It serves as a preliminary roadmap for the paper’s coverage. The topic, major headings, and sub-areas are sufficient for the outline. Continuing the example mentioned under the “Topic Selection,” an appropriate outline can be:
a) Definition of for-profit and non-profit agencies
b) Definition of a natural disaster
2) Financial Logistics
a) Definition for
ii) Logistics Measures
3) Warehousing Management
a) Types of warehouses
c) Design Considerations
a) Effect upon organization
6) Works Cited
The individual Paper should exemplify graduate level writing and strictly comply with the format requirements of the APA- Publication Manual of the American Psychological Association (2008, 6th ed). Please make sure that you comply with this manual, since points will be deducted for non-adherence. Careful attention must be given to the statement of the research question, source citations, proper listing of references, margins and headings.
The paper should be typed, double-spaced using a standard typeface. Please use a 10 to 12 point font (use your judgment based upon the font selected) and use 1 inch margins. The main topic content should be about 9-10 pages.
Course Content / Logistics Activities:
Your paper should tie into the material covered in class, as well as the conferences. It should also highlight how your topic ties into the logistics activities described in your text (see pages 18-19). You should describe the interrelationships of these activities while discussing your problem area.
Evidence of Research:
Your paper should provide evidence that you’ve read the literature that’s included in the bibliography of the paper. This can be done by referencing works throughout the paper or quoting an author in the text.
As a research paper, this paper requires that you conduct a search for material. You should include at least 6 reliable scholarly references in the paper. You should use the UMUC library to find relevant research from reliable sources. You may also include non-library sources in your research from reputable sources.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more