essay Questions Discuss the principles of good prison leadership. What does it mean and were did it come from?May 6, 2017
Market TrackingMay 7, 2017
Importance of Becoming a Global Citizen
Prepare: View the Globalization: What is Happening to Us? video and read the article A Model of Global Citizenship: Antecedents and Outcomes by Stephen Reysen and Iva Katzarska-Miller (2013). Go to the Ashford Library and locate one additional source on global citizenship that will help support your viewpoint.
Reflect: Please take some time to reflect on how the concept of global citizenship has shaped your identity, and think about how being a global citizen has made you a better person in your community
Write: Use the Week One Assignment Template when addressing the following prompts:
- After viewing the video, describe how being a global citizen in the world of advanced technology can be beneficial to your success in meeting your personal, academic, and professional goals.
- After reading the article by Reysen and Katzarska-Miller, explain why there has been disagreement between theorists about the definition of global citizenship and develop your own definition of global citizenship.
- From the article, choose two of the six outcomes of global citizenship (i.e., intergroup empathy, valuing diversity, social justice, environmental sustainability, intergroup helping, and the level of responsibility to act for the betterment of this world) as stated in the article, and explain why those two are the most important in becoming a global citizen compared to the others.
- Describe at least two personal examples or events in your life that illustrate the development of global citizenship based on the two outcomes you chose.
- Identify two specific general education courses, and explain how they each influenced you to become a global citizen.
- Must be 750 – 1,000 words in length (excluding title and reference pages) and formatted according to APA style