Explain three reasons that you believe socio-dramatic play
• Respond to each item. Each response should be concise and between 2-3 paragraphs in length.
• Use MS Word to write your responses, and submit your answers to all three questions in one Word document.
• Copy and paste each question within the document, so that your Instructor can see to which question you are responding.
1. Developmentally appropriate social/emotional environments for preschoolers nurture the individual identity of each child. Pages 272-286 of the Gestwicki text outline strategies for supporting children’s gender identity, cultural and racial identity, friendships, and prosocial behaviors. Select one of these, and explain how nurturing development in this area contributes to positive individual identity and strong classroom communities.
2. Reflect on the video, “Socio-dramatic Play.” Then, explain three reasons that you believe socio-dramatic play is integral in quality early childhood programs and what early childhood professionals can do to ensure that children are involved in quality socio-dramatic play.
3. Preschoolers “are experimenting with the social skills that lead to friendship•” (Gestwicki, 2014, p. 280). Summarize how adults can help preschool-age children develop and maintain friendships.
• Course Text: Gestwicki, C. (2014). Developmentally appropriate practice: Curriculum and development in early education (5th ed.). Belmont, CA: Wadsworth, Cengage Learning.
o Chapter 11, “Developmentally Appropriate Social/Emotional Environments: For Preschoolers”
• Video: Laureate Education (Producer). (2009). Play and learning for the preschool child: Socio-dramatic play [Video file]. Retrieved from https://class.waldenu.edu
Note: The approximate length of this media piece is 24 minutes.
Early childhood professional Sue Bredekamp provides an overview of the importance of sociodramatic play in supporting young children’s development and learning.
Accessible player –Downloads–Download Video w/CCDownload Audio
• Article: Fox, L., & Garrison, S. (n.d.). Helping children to manage their own behavior. Retrieved August 28, 2009, fromhttp://csefel.vanderbilt.edu/briefs/wwb7.pdf
• Article: Fox, L., & Langhans, S. (n.d.). Logical consequences. Retrieved August 28, 2009, from
• Article: Rightmyer, E. (2003). Democratic discipline in your classroom: A roadmap for beginners. Young Children. Retrieved fromhttp://www.naeyc.org/files/yc/file/200307/DemocraticDiscipline.pdf
• Article: Honig, A. L. (2000). Techniques that lead to self-control. In Love and learn: Positive guidance for young children. Washington, D.C.: NAEYC. Retrieved from
• Article: Honig, A. L. (2000). Typical difficulties and positive solutions. In Love and learn: Positive guidance for young children. Washington, D.C.: NAEYC. Retrieved from http://www.naeyc.org/files/yc/file/200307/TypicalDifficulties.pdf
• Article:National Association for the Education of Young Children (NAEYC). (2004). Children’s developmental benchmarks and stages: A summary guide to appropriate arts activities. Beyond the Journal: Young Children on the Web. Retrieved fromhttp://journal.naeyc.org/btj/200407/ArtsEducationPartnership.pdf
• Article:Fox, L. (n.d.). Positive behavioral support: An individualized approach for addressing challenging behavior. Retrieved August 28, 2009, from
• Article: Katz, L. (1995). How can we strengthen children’s self-esteem? Retrieved from
• Article: Center on the Social and Emotional Foundations for Early Learning (CSEFEL). (n.d.). Building positive teacher-child relationships. Retrieved August 28, 2009, from
• Article:Osterreich, L. (n.d.). Teaching children to solve problems. Retrieved August 13, 2009, fromhttp://www.nncc.org/Release/teach.solve.html
Please have it done in 12 hours or less all orignial work and APA format.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more