Topic: Our next essay is the critical analysis essay of “The Passing of Grandison” by Charles Chesnutt. The first step in writing a critical analysis essay is to read a piece of literature, and the literature we will read is “The Passing of Grandison”. After you read the short story, you will have to answer the questions below. As you read the short story, please go back to your figurative language terms and see if you can identify symbolism, theme, conflict, irony, imagery, and etc. I promise you, you will be using these figurative language terms over and over again. Also, try to read “The Passing of Grandison” at least three times. It is imperative that you understand the theme of this story. But, for now, let’s start with assuring that you read the story.
Directions: Read the short story, “The Passing of Grandison” which is located under the <Pages> tab and answer the following questions. I have also attached a link at the bottom of this page of the short story, “The Passing of Grandison”.
Make sure that you type out the questions and answer them in complete sentences. If you do not type out the questions, you will receive an automatic 50. DO NOT answer the questions in one or two sentence comments, have examples from the story that support your answer. Points will be deducted if directions are not followed. Remember, as always your work must be typed, attached, double-spaced, you must use Arial or Times New Roman, 11 or 12 point font size and follow the sample heading that is attached. The questions are below:
1. Who are the protagonist(s) in the short story and explain why the character(s) are the protagonist(s)? Use evidence from the short story to support your answer.
2. Who are the antagonist(s) in the short story and explain why the character(s) are the antagonist(s). Use evidence from the story to support your answer.
3. What conflicts are revealed in “The Passing of Grandison”? Use evidence from the short story to support your answer.
4. List at least three themes that were portrayed within the short story. Use evidence from the story to support your answer.
5. Some of the characters’ names were purposely created, explain what each characters’ names may have symbolized.
6. Give an example of verbal irony being used by Grandison. Remember, to quote the characters by using quotation marks.
7. Would you consider Dick a static character or a dynamic character? Explain why using example from the story to support your answer.
8. Did the short story end the way you pictured? Explain why or why not?
9. How does the title, “The Passing of Grandison” relate to the ending of the story? Explain.
10. Why do you think the author Charles W. Chestnut created this short story? What do you think his purpose was? Be detailed.
Here’s the link to the short story, “The Passing of Grandison” by Charles Chesnutt:
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more