English 1302 | Research Essay
· MLA formatted Word document
· 5-6 pages (approx. 1600-1800 words)
· At least 5 sources
· Minimum of 3 sources must be academic (library database)
· Up to 2 sources may be news or other sources (verified and reliable)
Step 1 – Topic:
Choose a topic explored in one of the literary pieces that we have read. I’d recommend that you choose a topic you care about or are interested in.
Your essay should be centrally focused on an arguable claim related to the topic. The piece of literature should not be the focus on the essay.
· Some ideas:
· “A Wall of Fire Rising” – income inequality, suicide, or immigration
· “Boys and Girls” – misogyny, gender roles, farming in US
· “A Good Man is Hard to Find” – any criminal justice related topic, including gun violence or the death penalty
· “Cathedral” – topics related to art, blindness, physical disability or disability accommodations
· “My Papa’s Waltz” – family violence, alcoholism
Step 2 – Research Question:
Once you’ve chosen a general topic, you’ll need to narrow down your research. Topics like “immigration” or “gun violence” are far too broad for an essay of this length, so figure out exactly what you want to research and focus on.
This website can help you formulate a research question for your topic .
Step 3: Thesis Statement:
A thesis statement is (a) arguable (b) supportable and (c) a preview of your essay.
· Arguable means it’s not a statement of fact. It doesn’t have to be controversial or persuasive, but it cannot be factual or obvious.
· An example of an arguable claim is “Disability accommodations in public institutions are not only legally required in the US, they provide opportunity and benefit everyone.”
· Notice that the arguable claim makes a statement and takes a side, but is not necessarily trying to evoke any action from the reader.
· Supportable means it’s not an opinion, guess, or generalization. It has to be something that research can back up and support. It cannot be a statement about morals or values, that something is “right” or “wrong,” or “good” or “bad.”
· A preview of your essay means that your thesis tells us your topic, your stance, and what you’ll cover in your essay.
Click this link for a great resource for more information on thesis statements.
Click this link for another resource on thesis statements for research papers.
· Your essay should have at least 5 sources.
· At least 3 of these sources should be from the academic databases.
· Up to 2 of these sources can be from reputable popular sources, like The Washington Post.
· Do not use blogs, personal webpages, or sites like Sparknotes or poemhunter.
Your essay should have at least 4 paragraphs: Introduction (containing thesis), 2 discussion sections where you present supporting points, and conclusion.
· Lead In
· Background on topic
· Thesis Statement
Discussion Sections (you should have at least 2 – each should contain the following)
· Topic Sentence
· Example from Research
· Summarize arguments
· Project into the future, offer suggestions for further research, identify topics otherwise unexplored, connect to introduction, or connect to current event
The literary text
You may make use of how the literary text discusses the topic. For instance, if there are quotes from the story that illustrate or support a point you are making, you can use that quote. In that case, the poem or story would count as a source (a non-scholarly source). You can, but you are not required to, use the literary text in your essay.
Peer Revision Paragraph:
a. the paragraph
b. where the paragraph belongs in your essay – is it the intro, from the bio, from the poem analysis, or the conclusion?
c. two or three questions you have for your peers – things you’d like their feedback about.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more