For items #1-10 below, use the information provided to locate the source in either the college
Library Catalog or the Online Databases. Once you find the source, provide a citation for it in the
proper MLA format (that is, as the source would appear in a Works Cited listing).
Before starting, take note:
• The citations provided in the Library Catalog and the Online Databases are often outdated,
incomplete, or simply incorrect. DO NOT copy and paste info that you find. Build your
own citation, following the guides and models.
• Be sure to follow the new 8th edition of the MLA Handbook. The Purdue OWL provides a
very detailed and helpful guide to MLA format:
• Newspapers, magazines, and scholarly journals are often referred to as periodicals in
reference guides, such as the Purdue OWL.
• Volume and issue information is only given in citations for scholarly journals, not for
newspapers or magazines; for those, you simply give the date of publication.
• All electronic items (those freely online or through a subscription database) should be
followed by the date that you accessed the materials (“Accessed [day month year]”).
• For the items below in EBSCO databases, please also use this generic URL:
• For the items below in EBSCO databases, you must list both the name of the database used
and the publisher of the database (unfortunately, the Purdue OWL does not clarify this).
Here is an example of how that looks in a complete citation:
Reich, Robert. “The Political Roots of Widening Inequality.” American Prospect, vol. 26,
no. 2, Spring 2015, pp. 26-30. Social Sciences Full Text, EBSCOhost,
www.ebscohost.com. Accessed 2 June 2018.
Using the DCCCD Library Catalog (http://richlandcollege.edu/library), find and create MLA
citations for the following:
1. A book about The Simpsons, published by Palgrave in 2012.
2. A book about water, written by Steven Solomon.
3. A co-edited collection of essays about zombies published by McFarland in 2011.
4. An essay called “The Press the Founders Knew,” which is one of several in an edited
collection of essays dealing with the First Amendment and edited by Timothy Cook. The
essay, written by Craig M. Freeman, appears on pages 35 – 49 of the anthology.
Using the Online Databases (http://libguides.dcccd.edu/az.php) listed below and their respective
search engine features, find and create MLA citations for the following sources.
NOTE: Before starting, be sure to review the tip on using online databases provided in
the MLA Information section of the class website. Also note that the databases
identified below are all published by EBSCO.
5. In the Academic Search Complete database, find an article discussing the issue of assisted
suicide, written by Josh Sanburn and published in Time.
6. In the MasterFILE Complete database, find an article discussing the issue of same-sex
marriage, written by Theodore B. Olson and published in Newsweek.
7. In the Humanities Full Text database, find an academic essay on evangelical religion and
wrestling, written by Jonathan Ebel and published in 2009.
8. In the OmniFile Full Text database, find an article discussing voter identification laws in
Texas, published in Texas Monthly in August of 2015.
9. In the Academic Search Complete database, find an article about reality television, which
was published in The Journal of Popular Culture and written by Deborah Kaplan.
10. In the Social Sciences Full Text database, locate an article discussing the political roots of
inequality, written by Robert Reich, and published in The American Prospect.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more