1. Applying the term (dangerous) to a drug is sometimes done from an emotional rather than a factual standpoint. Which drugs do you think are labeled ‘dangerous’ when the adverse effects are in fact not that great?
2. If given the chance, would most people prefer to get high and fail to achieve most of life’s more conventional goals–or abstain and take the path to mainstream success?
3. Do you think marijuana is less harmful than alcohol? Explain your yes or no answer.
4. It is a fairly common excuse that individuals (MALE OR FEMALE) on college campuses would not have engaged in sexually promiscuous behavior if he/she had not frequented parties/bars and had too much to drink. Do you think this is a convenient excuse for his/her behavior? Do you think that people engage in ‘not me’ behavior because they enter a world different from what they know and are simply going along with the crowd?
5. Do you believe a legalization position would work for all illicit substances? Why or why not?
6. Is marijuana actually a gateway drug for more dangerous drugs?