Develop performance plans for each team member
Establish team performance plan
The assessment task is due on the date specified by your assessor. Any variations to this arrangement must be approved in writing by your assessor.
Submit this document with any required evidence attached. See specifications below for details.
For this task, you will demonstrate the skills and knowledge required for establishing a team performance plan.
In response to a simulated business scenario, you will build a work team, help assign responsibilities for a team project, develop a performance plan, and support team members to carry out assigned responsibilities. You will develop and propose strategies to ensure each team member participates in the project planning and develops policies and procedures for carrying out teamwork.
1. Review the simulated workplace information for Apparel Brands Pty Ltd in Appendix 1.
2. In consultation with your assessor:
a. form a team
b. agree to meet to discuss team objectives and develop performance plans for each team member.
3. Prepare to work with your team and complete the following:
a. Consider several strategies to ensure each team member has input into the planning process.
b. Consider several ideas for policies to ensure team members take responsibility for own work.
c. Consider team goals and how team can achieve goals.
d. Consider strategies for gaining consensus among your team.
e. Consider group behaviour and how best to present your ideas and work effectively within the group.
f. Review the third-party report in Appendix 3 to ensure that you are familiar with the team performance expectations.
g. Prepare to take notes to provide evidence of team meeting.
4. In team meeting, consult to establish ground rules for teamwork:
a. propose and agree on strategies for ensuring participation of team members
b. develop policy and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work; these shouldcontain ground rules for group work to ensure fairness and high performance.
5. Discuss and determine team goals and how goals can be achieved.
6. Referring to the task requirements in Appendix 1, assign and agree on responsibilities to achieve team goals:
a. Determine outcomes, outputs and KPIs for each team member -for example, determine agreed responsibilities, quality standards and how performance quality or achievement of tasks will be measured, i.e. number of pages of research, number of network contacts, number of credible sources, hours spent on research, number of coaching sessions conducted to improve performance of other team members, number of inputs into team meetings.
b. Ensure work is fairly distributed among team members.
7. Determine and agree on specific duties to support team members with assigned responsibilities.
8. Using the template provided in Appendix 2, develop an individual performance plan in consultation with your team to help achieve team goals:
a. Include your support duties in your individual performance plan.
b. Your performance plan should be at least three pages long.
Note:Together, all individual performance plans must achieve all team goals.
9. Ensure each team member completes the third-party report,included in Appendix 3, to provide evidence on your team performance.
10. Meet with your assessor to discuss your participation in team activities.
11. Submit all documents to your assessor as per the specifications below. Ensure you keep a copy of all work submitted for your records.
You must submit:
– detailed performance plan (three pages)
– team policy and procedures
– notes from team meeting/s
– third-party reports from each team member.
Your assessor will be looking for:
– planning and organisational skills to consult and develop individual performance plans in team environment
– evidence of knowledge of group dynamics
– knowledge of strategies for gaining consensus
– knowledge of how to support team members to achieve goals through coaching, mentoring, training etc.
Adjustment for distance-based learners
– No changes to the assessment procedure or specification are required.
– The meeting may be conducted via video or teleconferencing. Team members’ participation in meetings may take place via Skype, or through use of messaging and message board, confirmation emails and so on.
– Documentation may be submitted electronically.
– A follow-up interview may be required (at the discretion of the assessor).
Appendix 1:Apparel Brands Pty Ltd
Apparel Brands, founded in 1901, is an Australianbased manufacturer and distributor of generic clothing and footwear. The company takes orders from retailers and supplies retailers with clothing products that have been manufactured to retailers’ specifications. These clothing products are then sold to consumers under the retailers’ various brands.
Recently, Apparel Brands has found its market share in decline due to a strong Australian dollar and increased overseas competition. In addition, labour costs are eating into profit margins. Trends in the Australian textile industry suggest that the company, although it is in a strong financial position now, will struggle to make a profit within two years.
To ensure the continued existence of Apparel Brands, the company has embarked on a bold new strategic direction:
– develop own brands and product range and sell direct to consumers
– leverage e-commerce opportunities to reduce distribution costs and increase profit margins.
Company vision: In the next five years, Apparel Brands will establish a range of innovative and exciting online clothing brands and help secure a future for Australian clothing manufacturing.
Assessment Task 1
Your team has been charged with the task of identifying an e-commerce opportunity for Apparel Brands and developing a proposal to put to the board of directors. For example, your team could decide to propose setting up an online business in which customers design their own custom t-shirts.
Your budget for setting up the e-commerce venture is $30,000.
For your proposed e-commerce venture, your team will need to determine:
– Value proposition: What will you offer consumers? What products? What price? What quality? How will the products benefit your customers?
– Who your target market is: What are the characteristics of the people who will buy your products? What do they need or desire?
– How you will gather necessary information for setting up the venture?
– Who you will consult or network with to benefit from others’ expertise?
– What steps you will need to take to set up the e-commerce venture? This will rangefrom website design, to ensuring a system for payment, to establishing an online presence through web search engines, etc.
– How you will determine the benefit to Apparel Brands: What is the benefit? Reduced costs? Increased productivity?
– How you will determine cost?
Once you have determined the above requirements, your teamwill need to plan specific activities to carry out in order to obtain the required information for your proposal. Assign tasks to each team member. Consult with each member of the team to develop individual performance plans.
For information on setting up e-commerce opportunities and example case studies refer to <http://www.digitalbusiness.gov.au>.
Assessment 1 -Third-party report for candidate:
Did the candidate propose and agree on strategies for ensuring participation of team members?
Did the candidate help develop policy and procedures to ensure team members take responsibility for own work?
Did the candidate work with group to determine common understanding of organisational requirements and team goals?
Did the candidate work with group to determine and agree on specific duties to support team members with assigned responsibilities?
List the candidate’s support duties:
Did the candidate demonstrate knowledge of group behaviour and how to gain consensus and work within groups to enhance team effectiveness?
Describe how the candidate demonstrated this knowledge in their interactions.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more