Determine the expected number of acceptances
Question 1 –
Seventy percent of the students applying to a university are accepted. Using the binomial probability tables or Excel, what is the probability that among the next 18 applicants:
1. At least 6 will be accepted?
2. Exactly 10 will be accepted?
3. Exactly 5 will be rejected?
4. Fifteen or more will be accepted?
5. Determine the expected number of acceptances.
6. Compute the standard deviation.
Question 2 –
Scores on a recent national statistics exam were normally distributed with a mean of 80 and a standard deviation of 6.
7. What is the probability that a randomly selected exam will have a score of at least 71?
8. What percentage of exams will have scores between 89 and 92?
9. If the top 2.5% of test scores receive merit awards, what is the lowest score eligible for an award?
For these project assignments throughout the course you will need to reference the data in the ROI Excel spreadsheet.
Using the ROI data set:
1. If we select 7 colleges from a major and then record whether they are of ‘School Type’ ‘Private’ or not, is this experiment a binomial one? Why or why not?
2. For each of the 2 majors determine if the ‘Annual % ROI’ appears to be normally distributed. Consider the shape of the histogram and the measures of central tendency (mean and median) to justify your results. Report on each of these with charts and calculations to justify your answers.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more