1. Describe the major differences between managerial accounting and financial accounting.
2. You have been working as a staff accountant at Sanborn Industries for three months. Mr. Jones, the accounting manager as well as your boss, has informed you that he has decided to change vendors for the company’s office supplies. He notifies you that your company will now be utilizing the store owned by his best friend. Mr. Jones is hopeful that this will bring in a significant profit for his friend’s business possibly preventing the closing of his store. You receive the first invoice from that store and realize that the prices are nearly double the amount that the company was paying when using a large retail chain.
What should you do about the situation?
3. Product costs consist of
a. period costs.
b. indirect materials, indirect labor, and administrative costs.
c. direct materials, direct labor, and selling costs.
d. direct materials, direct labor, and overhead.
4. Which of the following would not be included in overhead?
a. marketing costs
b. property taxes on the factory
c. factory utility costs
d. deprecation on factory machinery
5. Which of the following is an example of a period cost?
a. research and development
b. selling and marketing
c. general accounting
d. all of these
6. The cost of the partially completed goods at the end of the period would be
a. ending work in process inventory.
b. cost of goods sold.
c. beginning finished goods inventory.
d. beginning work in process inventory.
7. Product costs are expensed
a. when the product is finished.
b. when the product unit cost is calculated.
c. when the product is sold.
d. all of these are correct.
8. Cost of goods sold
a. represents all costs associated with research, development, and general administration of the organization.
b. is found on the Balance Sheet.
c. is the cost of the partially completed goods that are still on the factory floor at the end of the period.
d. is the total product cost for the units sold during a period.
9. Gross margin equals
a. selling and administrative expenses.–cost of goods sold
b. direct materials + direct labor + manufacturing overhead.
c. cost of goods sold.–sales revenue
d. cost of goods manufactured + selling and administrative expenses.
10. The average unit cost at a monthly volume of 9,000 units is $3, and the average unit cost at a monthly volume of 22,500 units is $2.10.
A. Develop a cost formula for total monthly costs.
B. What are the total monthly costs if 15,000 units are produced?
11. Ruskin Company had utilities cost of $95,000 at an output level of 30,000 units. The utilities cost was a mixed cost and the fixed portion was $50,000. What would the estimate of total utilities cost be at an output level of 40,000 units?
12. At the break-even point,
a. total revenue equals variable cost.
b. total fixed cost equals variable cost.
c. total contribution margin equals total fixed cost.
d. total sales equals total fixed cost.
e. total margin of safety equals variable cost.
13. If the contribution margin per unit decreases, the break-even point in units
a. will increase.
b. will decrease.
c. will remain the same.
d. cannot be determined from the information given.
14. The following information was extracted from the accounting records of MVP Corporation:
Selling price per unit $60
Variable cost per unit $20
Total fixed costs $480,000
A. What is MVP’s break-even point in units?
B. How many units must be sold to earn operating income of $80,000?
C. What is MVP’s break-even point in units if the selling price increases by 20% and the variable costs decrease by 20%?
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more