1. Obtain one of the data sets available at the UCI Machine Learning Repository and apply as many of the different visualization techniques described in the chapter as possible. The bibliographic notes and book Web site provide pointers to visualization software.
2. Identify at least two advantages and two disadvantages of using color to visually represent information.
a) Computer networks. Be sure to include both the static aspects of the network, such as connectivity, and the dynamic aspects, such as traﬃc.
b) The distribution of speciﬁc plant and animal species around the world fora speciﬁc moment in time.
c) The use of computer resources, such as processor time, main memory, and disk, for a set of benchmark database programs.
d) The change in occupation of workers in a particular country over the last thirty years. Assume that you have yearly information about each person that also includes gender and level of education.
Be sure to address the following issues:
· Representation. How will you map objects, attributes, and relation-ships to visual elements?
· Arrangement. Are there any special considerations that need to be taken into account with respect to how visual elements are displayed? Speciﬁc examples might be the choice of viewpoint, the use of transparency, or the separation of certain groups of objects.
· Selection. How will you handle a large number of attributes and data objects
6. Describe one advantage and one disadvantage of a stem and leaf plot with respect to a standard histogram.
7. How might you address the problem that a histogram depends on the number and location of the bins?
8. Describe how a box plot can give information about whether the value of an attribute is symmetrically distributed. What can you say about the symmetry of the distributions of the attributes shown in Figure 3.11?
9. Compare sepal length, sepal width, petal length, and petal width, using Figure3.12.
10. Comment on the use of a box plot to explore a data set with four attributes: age, weight, height, and income.
11. Give a possible explanation as to why most of the values of petal length and width fall in the buckets along the diagonal in Figure 3.9.
12. Use Figures 3.14 and 3.15 to identify a characteristic shared by the petal width and petal length attributes.
13. Simple line plots, such as that displayed in Figure 2.12 on page 56, which shows two time series, can be used to eﬀectively display high-dimensional data. For example, in Figure 2.12 it is easy to tell that the frequencies of the two time series are diﬀerent. What characteristic of time series allows the eﬀective visualization of high-dimensional data?
14. Describe the types of situations that produce sparse or dense data cubes. Illustrate with examples other than those used in the book.
15. How might you extend the notion of multidimensional data analysis so that the target variable is a qualitative variable? In other words, what sorts of summary statistics or data visualizations would be of interest?
16. Construct a data cube from Table 3.14. Is this a dense or sparse data cube? If it is sparse, identify the cells that are empty.
17. Discuss the diﬀerences between dimensionality reduction based on aggregation and dimensionality reduction based on techniques such as PCA and SVD.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more