1) are defined as people who oversee the activities of others and who are responsible for attaining goals in organizations.
2) Sally Mitchell works as a manager at an environmental organization. She is currently working on a global warming project and decide what tasks related to creating awareness about the issue need to be done. In addition, she is also deciding which members of her team will work on engaging with the public and which will work on lobbying with the government. She is also assigning people as team members to ensure that tasks are undertaken on time. Which of the following categories of functions is Mitchell undertaking?
3) Johanna Reid, a campaign manager at a child rights organization, recently started working on an illiteracy project. During the project, she needs to motivate team members to attain their project milestones and direct them through different phases of the project. Which of the following kinds of functions will these tasks be covered under?
4) Lesley Torres is a project manager for the campaign “Action against Deforestation in Indonesia”. She recently faced a glitch when the campaign could not be launched publicly according to schedule. Torres monitored the schedule to find the cause of the delay, before speeding up the implementation process by allocating more numbers for the implementation phase. By doing this, which of the following functions is she performing?
5) Which of the following functions do managers undertake as part of planning functions?
6) According to Henry Mintzberg, a factory supervisor giving a group of high school students a tour of the plant may be termed as a
7) Ellen Ortiz works as a sales manager at a telecom firm. The company has recently launched a new product in the market. Her work in the next few weeks involves sharing knowledge about the product with her team members. She will also need to inspire them to reach their sales targets, and clarify any doubts about the new product. Which of the following roles is Ortiz playing?
8) Regina George works as a campaign manager in a not-for-profit organization in Hampshire. For the upcoming campaign against genetic engineering, she is networking with managers who are working on the issue of food safety. Through her network of contacts, she strives to gain information about the stakeholders in the food industry and other lobby groups. Which of the following roles is George most likely to be playing according to Mintzber’s classification of managerial roles?
9) Annette Simpson works for a fashion house in Paris and is preparing for the company’s upcoming line of winter clothing. She is currently researching online to know what is in vogue this season. In addition, she is also networking with contacts from the press and fashion magazine editors to understand the changing tastes of consumers. Which of the following roles is Simpson playing according to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles?
10) According to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, that roles of a(n) dis to transmit information received from outsiders or form employees to members of the organization.
11) The role of a(n) according to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, is to transmit information to outsiders about an organization’s plans, policies, actions, and results and one which serves as an expert in the organization’s industry.
12) According to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, a(n) searches the organization and its environment for opportunities project to bring about change.
13) According to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, the role of a(n) is to make or approve significant organization decisions and assign human, physical, and monetary assets.
14) According to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, which of the following is a kind of interpersonal role?
15) According to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles, which of the following is kind of decisional role?
16) The role of a is a type of informational role according to Mintzberg’s classification of managerial roles.
17) Which of the following is true of technical skills?
18) The ability to understand, communicate with, motivate, and support other people, both individually and in groups, may be defined as
19) Melissa Woods was recently hired as the campaign manager at an environmental organization. She has a degree in environmental sustainability and possesses substantial knowledge about the issue of global warming. She has the knowledge to lead the public relations team of the organization. However, a few months later, the board of directors of the organization expressed dissatisfaction with Melissa’s performance and asked her to resign. Which of the following, if true, best explains this situation?
20) Joann Hayes is currently working on a project to tackle climate change. During the project, she needs to find different options to replace the use of non-renewable energy and check the feasibility of different renewable energy options before choosing the most practical one. Which of the following skills does Hayes primarily need to use for these tasks?
21) 360.org, an organization working toward curbing climate change, recently conducted an interview with Jessica for the position of a public relation officer. However, the interviewers Brenda and Laura are divided over whether Jessica should be given the job. Brenda believes that Jessica does not have in-depth knowledge about the issue of global warming and its impact. On the other hand, Laura feels that Jessica would be perfect for the job because she has strong networking and interpersonal skills. Which of the following, if true, would strengthen Laura’s argument?
22) .org, an organization working toward curbing climate change, recently conducted an interview with Jessica for the position of a public relation officer. However, the interviewers Brenda and Laura are divided over whether Jessica should be given the job. Brenda believes that Jessica does not have in-depth knowledge about the issue of global warming and its impact. On the other hand, Laura feels that Jessica would be perfect for the job because she has strong interpersonal skills. Which of the following, if true, would weaken Laura’s argument?
23) According to Fred Luthans and his associates, managers involved in traditional management activities undertook which of the following tasks?
24) According to Fred Luthans and his associates’ study of 450 managers, made the largest contribution to the success of managers in terms of speed of promotion within their organization.
25) According to Fred Luthans and his associates, managers which are involved in networking activities are most likely to undertake which of the following?
26) Which of the following best defines organizational behavior?
27) Which of the following determinants of behavior does organizational behavior study?
28) Which of the following does systematic study use to look at relationships to attribute cause and effects?
29) Which of the following is true of systematic study?
30) In order to predict human behavior, it is best to supplement intuitive opinions with information derived from
31) Analyzing relationships, determining causes and effects, and basing conclusions on scientific evidence, all constitute aspects of study.
32) refers to basing managerial decisions on the best available scientific proof.
33) refers to a gut feeling not necessarily supported by research.
34) seeks to measure, explain, and sometimes change the behavior of humans and other animals.
35) Which of the following disciplines blends concepts from both psychology and sociology to focus on people’s influence on one another?
36) Which of the following is a difference between sociology and psychology?
37) is the study of societies to learn about human beings and their activities.
38) Which of the following fields of study is most likely to involve studying organizational culture, formal organization theory and structure?
39) Austin Reed is a graduate student helping to organize a study on individual job satisfaction. The study focuses on the top five causes of satisfaction or dissatisfaction on the job. His department is surveying 200 individuals in 100 different types of organizations. Austin is most likely a graduate student in the department of
40) You are bringing together faculty from different behavioral disciplines tp author a new textbook in organizational behavior. Represented are professors from psychology, sociology, social psychology, anthropology, political science, and industrial engineering. Which faculty member is most likely to furnish information about personality, learning and motivation?
41) Myriam is analyzing the gender roles of men and women in management in the United States and comparing them to the gender roles in management in Japan. She is surveying fifty male and fifty female managers in each country to compare their daily behavior. Myriam’s study exemplifies how contributes to OB.
42) Which of the following is true of contingency variables?
43) Raymond Mayer is conducting a study on discrimination against campaign activists based on gender. In his study, he noted that male executives who visited Indonesian villages to promote that use of renewable energy received a highly positive response. In contrast, women who visited the same villages, received an antagonistic response from them. However, Mayer started that his findings only applied to villages. In this study, the presence of a village is considered a variable.
44) variables are variables that moderate the relationship between two or more variables.
45) Which of the following is a result of globalization?
46) Managers who oversee the movement of jobs to countries with low-cost labor are most likely to
47) Josh Wallace, a sales executive, has recently been promoted to the position of sales manager at Synergy Corporation Bank. He has in the past gained a strong track record of making the highest number of sales in his branch. During his first few months as a manager, he regularly appreciated and acknowledged the team’s efforts because he knew that it was the driving force behind high performance. However, the company has recently expressed its dissatisfaction with Josh’s team as it has consistently failed to meet the sales targets of the branch. Which of the following, if true, would best explain this situation?
48) Gould Furniture is one of the leading furniture companies in Indonesia. In the past, the company had a homogeneous workforce of Indonesian employees. The company is desperate to cut operating and manufacturing costs and hence is considering outsourcing part of the manufacturing process to low-cost Taiwan. However, local community leaders across the country are opposing this decision strongly. They believe that exporting jobs to other countries is detrimental to their country in every way possible. Which of the following, if true, is the flaw in the local community leader’s opinion?
49) refers to the heterogeneity of organizations in terms of gender, age, race, ethnicity, sexual orientation, and inclusion of other diverse group.
50) Eighty percent of the employees in the United States work today in jobs.
51) A common characteristic of service jobs is that they
52) Which of the following is an example of a position in a service job?
53) One of the key challenges for managers in today’s organization is to
54) Which of the following should employees undertake to deal with “temporariness” in the modern work climate?
55) Which of the following terms best describes organization that allow people to communicate and work together even though they may be thousands of miles apart?
56) Which of the following is the major challenge for managers in a fully networked organization?
57) Christopher Richardson works as a graphic designer in Sydney. He often coordinates with colleagues working in Germany. In additions, he interacts with clients across the globe. Which of the following is most likely to facilitate his communications with clients and colleagues?
58) Which of the following is a cause of work-life conflicts?
59) Which of the following is true of positive organizational scholarship?
60) is a key independent variable in positive organizational behavior research.
61) The concept of “reflected best-self” involves
62) Which of the following is an example of an ethical dilemma?
63) A (n) is an abstraction of reality, a simplified representation of some real-world phenomenon.
64) Which of the following is true of models?
65) With reference to a basic OB model, are determined in advance of the employment relationship and refer to variables like personality, group structure, and organizational culture that lead to processed.
66) Which of the following is an example of an input at an individual level?
67) An example of an input at an organizational level is
68) Which of the following is one of the three variables proposed by a basic OB model which refers to actions that individuals, groups, and organizations engage in as a result of input?
69) Which of the following is an example of a process at an individual level?
70) An example of a process at a group level is
71) Which of the following is an example of a process at the organizational level?
72) is an example of an outcome at the organizational level.
73) Which of the following is an example of an outcome at an individual level?
74) The discretionary behavior that is not part of an employee’s formal job requirements, and that contributes to the psychological and social environment of the workplace, is called behavior.
75) Group is the extent to which members of a group support and validate one another at work.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more