Buyer BehaviourOrder Description
The Consumer Journal Report requires you to analyse the
internal and external factors influencing the consumer decisionmaking
process for a major purchase – e.g. a car or a holiday.
Your analysis MUST be based on reality, that is, you are required to research this topic with someone who has recently made such
a decision. The assignment should be in report format. Your
analysis will integrate a number of elements covered in Lectures
7-10. It is important to be analytical and NOT descriptive,
demonstrating an understanding of which theories were at play in
this purchase situation.
• Description of Internal Influences (Perception, Learning,
Motivation, Personality & Attitude)
• Description of External Influences (Group Influence, Culture)
• Analysis and demonstration of understanding
• Report format, presentation and referencing
• Overall impression of excellence