Prescription Fulfillment Process
Prescription Fulfillment is one of the main sources of income for HealthCareOnDemand. For a small company such as HealthCareOnDemand, providing an efficient and cost-effective fulfillment of orders is essential in order to be competitive.
Recent customer complaints raised concerns
about the efficiency of such a process which may jeopardize the future of the company. This report
provides an analysis of the prescription fulfilment process and shows that such concerns are unfounded.
HealthCareOnDemand is a health-care company providing its customers with a variety of services and
products in the context of health care. In order to maintain its position as the best health-care company in Melbourne, it is essential to have effective and efficient processes.
This report investigates how prescription orders are fulfilled by HealthCareOnDemand and provides an
analysis of its process performance via the use of process simulation.
Governance Structure (attached)
The prescription fulfilment process is one of the core processes for HealthCareOnDemand. In following we
present the process architecture for HealthCareOnDemand. The core processes of the organization are the prescription fulfilment process, drugs procurement, medical certificate process, and the medical consultation process.
The company also have few management processes making the decision on market strategies and managing the IT infrastructure. Finally, support processes with cover HR, Logistics and Customer Support.
The value chain is constituted of five parts: (attached)
1. Receive order: dealing with steps ranging from receiving the order from the customer to record
the details of the order in the order management systems;
2. Verification: dealing with the retrieval and verification of the prescription;
3. Packaging: dealing with the preparation of the package to be sent to the customer;
4. Payment: dealing with invoicing the customer or the insurance company for the cost of the drugs;
5. Shipment: dealing with the delivery of the order.
In order to provide an easy to read process model we adopted the following modelling conventions:
• XOR gateways were used when a mutually exclusive decision was required.
• AND gateways were used when multiple paths needed to be executed at the same time.
• Activities were used to model action performed by an actor.
• Start event was used to model the start of the process.
• End events were used to model the end of the process.
• Model flows from left to right, top to bottom.
• Events, Activities and MessageFlow text labelling adheres to the convention of the first letter
being capitalized with the following text lowercase.
• Activities were labelled following the format imperative verb + noun.
• Events were labelled following the format noun + past-participle verb.
BPMN Model (attached)
In the following, we provide a BPMN diagram depicting the prescription fulfilment process, when customer and insurance company have been modelled as a black box (collapsed pools) since their behaviour is not relevant for the purpose of this analysis.
Business Process Analysis (attached)
To assess if the concerns about the performance of the prescription fulfilment process were valid, we
performed an analysis of such process via process simulation. The simulation has been performed using the BIMP simulator using the process model shown previously. We simulated a total of 500 instances.
Since the company receives on average 500 orders a week, we used a fixed inter-arrival rate of 0.21 minutes (i.e.500 / (5*8*60) ≈ 0.21).
The resources considered for the simulation count four roles: Accounts Officer, Delivery Clerk, Pharmacist, Senior Warehouse Officer, Warehouse Officer, and Data Entry Officer. Below are reported the details related to the resource pools.
OVERVIEW: You are asked to critically review the report titled “Prescription Fulfillment Process”.
This report provides an analysis of the Prescription
Fulfillment Process of HealthCareOnDemand.
As part of this assignment you are expected to produce a short review (around 1000 words), which should cover the following points:
• Correctness of the Process Architecture: this section will provide a critique of the proposed process architecture assessing its management, support, and core processes. A correct process architecture must be provided if the original one is incorrect.
• Correctness of the Value Chain: this section will provide a critique of the proposed value chain. A
correct value chain must be provided if the original one is incorrect.
• Correctness of the BPMN Model: this section will provide a critique of the proposed BPMN with respect to syntactical and semantical correctness. A correct BPMN model must be provided if the original one is incorrect.
• Correctness of the Process Analysis: this section will discuss if the assumptions and results of the process analysis are correct. A correct process analysis must be conducted if the original one is incorrect or based on wrong assumptions.
Any additional diagram (e.g. process architecture, value chain, BPMN model, or BPMN model annotated with simulation parameters) produced as part of the critique must be handed-in with the submission.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more