New Testament Survey Study Guides: Module/Week 4
Derived from the class text book, The Essence of the New Testament: A Survey (2016),
and the New Testament documents.
Romans: Righteousness by Faith
1. Romans was written by ____________ in order to address _______________________ (135–137).
2. Paul likely penned his letter to the Romans while residing in ________ during the winter of AD ______ (138).
3. The key word in Romans is “________” (Gk. euangelion; 135).
4. Know the key verses in Romans: “For I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is God’s power for salvation to everyone who believes, first to the Jew, and also to the Greek. For in it God’s righteousness is revealed from faith to faith, just as it is written: The righteous will live by faith” (1:16–17).
5. Paul establishes that __________ stands condemned before God, the Sovereign Judge (1:18–3:20).
6. The Christian ____________ (gospel) is the universal message of God’s saving grace through faith in Christ (Rom 1:16–17; 140).
7. Paul reveals God’s answer to mankind’s dilemma, namely, God’s ______________ is revealed to mankind through the ________ that brings __________ by faith (3:21–8:39).
8. Paul uses the example of __________ to demonstrate that justification is by faith alone (Romans 4).
9. ______________ refers to the imputation of God’s righteousness (141).
10. ______________ refers to the impartation of God’s righteousness (141–142).
11. How does Paul vindicate God’s righteousness in His dealings with the Jews in Romans 9–11?
12. The foundation of all of ____________ __________ is the consecration of the believer’s life to God by presenting his body as an offering for God’s service (12:1), and the transformation of the believer’s life daily through the continual renewing of his mind and attitude (ENT, 144; cf. 12:1–2).
1 Corinthians: The Supremacy of Love
1. The apostle Paul wrote 1 Corinthians to the church at Corinth while staying in ________ about AD ____ (149–151).
2. The key word in 1 Corinthians is “______” (Gk. agapē).
3. Know the key verse in 1 Corinthians: “Now these three remain: faith, hope, and love. But the greatest of these is love” (1 Cor 13:13).
4. “The message of 1 Corinthians is that the problems of the local church are rooted in a sinful ______-__________ and can be effectively solved by spiritual people who have given themselves in ____________ __________ to their Lord and so are walking in imitation of Christ” (151).
5. 1 Corinthians 13:4–8 details specific characteristics ______ (agapē). “Love is patient; love is kind; love does not envy; is not boastful; is not conceited; does not act improperly; is not selfish; is not provoked; does not keep a record of wrongs; finds no joy in unrighteousness, but rejoices in the truth; bears all things, believes all things, hopes all things, endures all things. Love never ends.”
6. 1 Corinthians 15 explains the necessity of Christ’s ______________ (see 158).
7. One of the reasons for writing 1 Corinthians was to address ______________ in the church (147; cf. 1 Cor 5:1–6:20).
8. The ______ ________ is the common source of spiritual gifts (159–160).
2 Corinthians: Power in Weakness
1. The apostle Paul, accompanied by ________, wrote a second letter to the church in Corinth while staying in ______________ about the year AD ____ (164–165).
2. The key words in 2 Corinthians are “__________” (Gk. diakonia) and “________” (Gk. doxa).
3. Know the key verse for 2 Corinthians: “Now we have this treasure in clay jars, so that this extraordinary power may be from God and not from us” (4:7).
4. Paul assures the Corinthians that God brings ________ out of affliction (2 Cor 1:3–11).
5. According to 2 Cor 2:14–4:6, the ministry is an opportunity to display the ________ of God.
6. Paul’s motivation for ministry included his anticipation of standing before the ______________ ___ ________ (2 Cor 5:11–13).
7. Those who are in Christ are a new creation and ambassadors of ______________ (2 Cor 5:16–6:2).
8. The phrase “___________________” is an idiom for something that causes pain (173).
9. Paul challenged the Corinthian believers to __________________ in order to verify they were living according to their faith (2 Cor 13:5–10).
10. The three main sections of 2 Corinthians is built around the theme of _________ and the __________ (174).
Galatians: By Grace through Faith
1. The apostle Paul wrote __________ to churches in the Roman province of Galatia around the year AD ___ according to the ________ Galatian view (176–178).
2. The key word in Galatians is “____” (Gk. nomos).
3. The key verse in Galatians: “We . . . know that a person is not justified by the works of the law, but by faith in Jesus Christ. So we, too, have put our faith in Christ Jesus that we may be justified by faith in Christ and not by the works of the law, because by the works of the law no one will be justified” Gal 2:15–16 NIV 2011).
4. The apostle Paul combated the __________ in his letter to the Galatians, arguing that Gentile believers were free from the ______________ (178).
5. Galatians divides into three major sections: (1) a ________ section (1–2); (2) a ________ section (3–4); and (3) a __________ section (5–6).
6. While the Greek noun ________ refers to an unmerited favorable disposition toward someone or something, a better NT definition would _____________________________, that is, one who has forfeited any claim on God’s favor because of sin and who deserves God’s judgment (179–180).
7. Paul’s ____________ and resultant __________ __________ came directly from Christ on the Damascus road, not from human appointment (180; cf. 1:1–11).
8. When Paul says, “I have been crucified with Christ,” and “Christ lives in me” (2:19–20), he is expressing the truth of the believer’s ________________________________ (182).
9. Why was the law given according to Gal 3:15–29 (176)? (1) The law was added because of transgressions and was in effect until the promise came (3:19). (2) The law was given as a guardian until Christ came (3:22–29).
10. Name the nine-fold fruit of the Spirit according to Gal 5:22–23.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more