Assignment 1: Developing the Corporate Strategy for Information Security
Imagine that you are working for a startup technology organization that has had overnight success. The organization’s immediate growth requires for it to formulate a corporate strategy for information security. You have been recruited to serve as part of a team that will develop this strategy. As part of the Information Security Strategy development, you are required to define specific Information Technology Security roles that will optimize and secure the organization’s data assets. Review the “Cybersecurity: The Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK)” textbook for information necessary to complete this assignment. Write a five to seven (5-7) page paper in which you do the following, based on the scenario described below:
1. The Chief Information Security Officer (CISO) is responsible for several functions within an organization. a. Examine three (3) specific functions a CISO and provide examples of when a CISO would execute these functions within the organization. b. Specify at least three (3) competencies that the CISO could perform using the provided Website titled, “ Information Technology (IT) Security Essential Body of Knowledge (EBK): A Competency and Functional Frame-work for IT Security Workforce Development.”
2. The Chief Information Officer (CIO) is responsible for several accountability functions within an organization: a. Identify at least four (4) functions of the CIO using the EBK as a guide. Provide examples of how the CIO would execute these functions within an organization. b. Classify at least two (2) security assurances that could be achieved by the CIO developing a formal security awareness, training, and educational program. c. Suggest methods, processes, or technologies that can be used by the CIO to certify the security functions and data assets of an organization on a day-to-day basis.
3. Describe how the digital forensics function complements the overall security efforts of the organization.
4. Evaluate the operational duties of digital forensic personnel and how these help qualify the integrity of forensic investigations within the enterprise and industry.
5. List at least three (3) technical resources available to the digital forensics professional to perform forensic audits and investigations.
6. Use at least three (3) quality resources in this assignment.
Note: Wikipedia and similar Websites do not qualify as quality resources. Your assignment must follow these formatting requirements: Be typed, double spaced, using Times New Roman font (size 12), with one-inch margins on all sides; citations and references must follow APA or school-specific format. Check with your professor for any additional instructions. Include a cover page containing the title of the assignment, the student’s name, the professor’s name, the course title, and the date. The cover page and the reference page are not included in the required assignment page length. The specific course learning outcomes associated with this assignment are: Describe and apply the 14 areas of common practice in the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) Essential Body of Knowledge. Describe best practices in cybersecurity. Identify and analyze the role of the Chief Information Officer, Information Security Officer, and IT Security Compliance Officer in the context of cybersecurity. Compare and contrast the functional roles of an organization in the context of cybersecurity. Describe the corollary roles of security in an enterprise. Evaluate the ethical concerns inherent in cybersecurity and how these concerns affect organizational policies. Use technology and information resources to research issues in cybersecurity. Write clearly and concisely about topics associated with cybersecurity using proper writing mechanics and technical style conventions.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more