answer the following questions completely and submit only your answers.Please submit your answers (without the question text).all work that you turn in must be in your own words – you will NOT earn credit for copying and pasting text from the book or from websites.
1. What are the two requirements for a genetic material?
2. Briefly describe the experiments that revealed the nature of the genetic material.
3. Briefly describe the experiments that revealed the structure of the genetic material.
4. Given the percentage of the nucleotides below, determine the percentage of all the other nucleotides (Hint:
look at Chargaff’s discovery).
a. A – 6% ? A = 6%, T = ?, C = ?, G = ?
b. C – 12% ? C = 12%, G = ?, A = ?, T = ?
c. G – 23.12% ? G = 23.12%, C = ?, A = ?, T = ?
5. What are the components of the DNA double helix?
6. Explain the basis of antiparallelism.
7. Explain the basis of complementary base pairing.
8. Below is a nucleotide sequence of a single strand of DNA. Write the sequence of the Complementary strand
indicating the appropriate 5’ and 3’ ends.
9. How are very long DNA molecules wound so that they fit inside cell nuclei?
10. Why must DNA be replicated?
11. What does semiconservative replication mean?
12. Briefly explain the steps of DNA replication.
13. How can DNA be replicated fast enough to sustain the cell?
14. How is the polymerase chain reaction (PCR) based on DNA replication?
15. Explain how Sanger sequencing works.
16. How are many copies of DNA pieces generated to obtain the sequence?
17. Why must several copies of a genome be cut up to sequence it?
18. What are next-generation sequencing techniques?
19. Explain how the structures and functions of DNA and RNA differ.
20. Explain how messenger RNA (mRNA) transmits instructions to build proteins.
21. What is the function of transfer RNAs (tRNA) in synthesizing proteins?
22. List and briefly describe the steps of transcription.
23. Based on the sequence of the template strand of DNA below, what is the mRNA sequence?
24. What is alternative splicing?
25. What are the general characteristics of the genetic code?
26. List and briefly describe the steps of translation.
27. Based on the following mRNA sequence, what is the amino acid sequence? (You will need to use the Genetic
code on page 187)
28. How is translation economical?
29. How are proteins folded?
30. How does a cell handle misfolded proteins?
31. How can a protein that has more than one conformation cause a disease?
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more