Select a topic area for discussion (as it relates to project management) from the list below:
• Human side of projects (e.g. stakeholder management, PM skills, teaming, etc.);
• Intangible aspects of project leadership (e.g. social networking, influence management, politics, etc.);
• The future of project management;
• Role of the Project Office;
• Project benefits management, measurement and realisation;
• Project management and culture;
• An aspect of managing complex and/or non-standard projects (e.g. Programs/portfolios, ‘large’ projects, virtual projects, global projects, etc.).
You are required to:
1. Develop a specific research question regarding an aspect of the topic selected;
2. Adopt an explicit viewpoint in regard to the formulated question;
3. Advance written arguments to substantiate and support your viewpoint.
As a targeted literature review your initial point of view should be clearly stated at the outset (i.e. in the ‘Introduction’ section of your essay) and kept constantly in mind so that all research is directed toward gathering relevant information. The essay should then develop your ideas and reasoning in a logical and coherent manner towards a concise and well supported conclusion. Where appropriate, assumptions/definitions should be clearly stated and explained.
The essay should be 3,000 to 3,500 words of body (i.e. excluding executive summary, table of contents, references, appendices, etc.). Care should be taken to follow the guidelines presented below, particularly with regard to report style and referencing. It is envisaged reports will have at least 15 unique (and reasonably current) references from a variety of quality sources.
Marking Scheme Marks
Topic and Viewpoint • Research question falls within approved topic areas;
• Research question is clear and specific (i.e. not just open-ended and general);
• A point of view appropriate to the question is explicitly expressed;
• Point of view is reasonable for the topic area and question chosen;
• Report content clearly relates to the research question. 5
Development of Discussion • Report and topic are well introduced;
• Assumptions/limitations are clearly identified and explained;
• Rationale for choosing the research question is stated and reasonable;
• Discussion is well structured and easy to follow;
• Discussion develops its viewpoint in a logical manner;
• Discussion exhibits reasonable analysis of the research evidence;
• Interpretations exhibit insight and critical thinking;
• Report substantiates its viewpoint – it makes its case;
• Discussion is concise, without undue verbiage and/or digression.
• Conclusions reflect content and appear as natural outcomes of the discussion; 10
Evidence of Research • Reference list has a minimum of 15 (relatively current) literature sources;
• References drawn from a variety of respected sources (e.g. journal, book, etc.);
• References are in context and used effectively to clarify/support discussion;
• Statistics, quotations and factual data are cited appropriately;
• Method of referencing is internally consistent (e.g. Harvard/UTS format). 10
Professionalism • Includes title page, exec summary, TOC, heading/page numbers, labels, etc.;
• Grammar, punctuation, spelling, use of language is correct and appropriate;
• Executive summary is a real summary – not just an introduction/abstract;
• Report length meets expectations (around 3000-3500 words of body);
• Report exhibits a good communication style and is easy to read. 5
TOTAL 30 marks
Assignments are required in BOTH hardcopy and softcopy. Final-version hardcopy must be placed in the subject dropbox (CB11.05) by due time/date with softcopy submitted to Turnitin via the ‘Assignments’ tab of UTSOnline by this same time. Failure to provide a softcopy for plagiarism checking is deemed an incomplete submission forfeiting up to half of the assessment mark.
Marked hardcopy reports will be available for collection (with feedback sheets) after end of term.
Late submission will attract a 2 mark per day penalty (including Saturday and Sunday). Submissions more than 5 days late receive zero unless special consideration has been sought from, and granted by, the Subject Co-ordinator prior to the due date.
The report must have a title page stating the student’s name and number, subject name and number and the due date. This should be followed by an executive summary (approximately 200 words covering report purpose, point of view, main findings and summary conclusions), table of contents, introduction, body of the report, conclusions section, reference list and any appendices.
Students should consult the following UTS Website:
• The Bell Program Referencing Guide http://www.bell.uts.edu.au/referencing/ and follow the link to the Harvard (UTS) Reference Guide
All material derived from other works must be acknowledged.
Students are reminded of the principles laid down in the Faculty’s Statement of Academic Integrity – Good Practice and Ethics in Informal Assessment found at http://wiki.it.uts.edu.au/start/Academic_Integrity
Students should also refer to the UTS Policy and Procedures for the Assessment of Coursework Subjects, including details of assessment submission, late penalties, misconduct, plagiarism, etc.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more