3. (TCO 2) Lisa Inc. estimates that its employees will utilize 200,000 direct labor hours during the coming year. Total overhead costs are estimated to be $6,700,000 and machine hours are estimated to be 100,000. Actual labor hours are 225,000. Actual machine hours are 90,000.
If Lisa Inc. allocates overhead based on direct labor hours, what is the predetermined manufacturng overhead rate?
4. (TCO 4) Stevens Company produces and sells a single product whose selling price is $60.00 per unit and whose variable expense is $40.00 per unit. The company’s fixed expense is $880,000 per month.
(a) What is the CM ratio (express your answer as a percentage to two decimal places)? (5 points)
(b) How many units must be sold to break-even for the month? (10 points)
(c) How many units do we need to sell to earn a profit of $140,000 for the month? (10 points) (Points : 25)
5. (TCO 3) ABC Company uses process costing to track its costs in two sequential production departments: Forming and Finishing. The following information is provided regarding the Forming department.
Month Ended July 31
Beginning work in process, July 1 — 10,000
Started into production during July — 21,000
Completed and transferred to Finishing department during July — 19,000
Ending work in process, July 31 (40% complete as to direct materials and 45% complete as to conversion costs) — 12,000
Beginning work in process as of July 1 consists of $13,000 of direct materials costs and $6,500 of conversion costs) — $19,500
Direct materials used in July — $34,000
Conversion costs incurred in July — $14,850
(a) Calculate the equivalent units for direct materials. (Show your work)
(b) Calculate the cost per equivalent unit for direct materials. (Show your work) (Points : 25)
5. (TCO 5) Vernon Inc. manufactures and sells one product. Sales and production information is contained below.
· Selling price per unit $50
· Variable manufacturing costs per unit produced (DM, DL, and variable MOH) $24
· Variable operating expenses per unit sold $5
· Fixed manufacturing overhead (MOH) in total for the year $135,000
· Fixed operating expenses in total for the year $55,000
· Units produced during the year 15,000
· Units sold during the year 13,000
(a) Prepare the income statement using variable costing. (10 points)
(b) Prepare the income statement using absorption costing. (10 points)
(c) Please explain the difference in operating income between the two methods. (5 points) (Points : 25)
6. (TCO 8) Bestick Company manufactures and sells trophies for winners of athletic events. The company normally charges $65 per trophy. The average costs for a trophy is shown below.
Direct materials: $15
Direct labor: 10
Variable manufacturing overhead: 5
Variable marketing expenses: 3
Fixed manufacturing overhead: 12 ($1,200,000 fixed manufacturing overhead/100,000 trophies)
Total costs: $45
Bestick Company has enough idle capacity to accept a one-time only special order for 1,000 trophies at $55 per trophy. Bestick Company will not incur any variable marketing expenses for this order and no additional fixed costs.
Should the company accept this special order? Please state your decision and provide numerical support for your decision. (Points : 25)
7. (TCO 7) Stevens Company makes 50,000 units per year of Part X for use in one of its products. Stevens Company incurred the following manufacturing costs when producing the 50,000 units of Part X.
Direct materials $1,000,000
Direct labor 550,000
Variable manufacturing overhead 137,500
Fixed manufacturing overhead 250,000
Assume Stevens Company has no alternative use for the facilities presently devoted to production of Part X and that none of the fixed costs are avoidable. If the outside supplier offers to sell Part X for $34.50 each, should Stevens Company accept the offer? Please clearly state your answer and support your answer with appropriate calculations. (Points : 25)
8. (TCO 9) Sampson Corp buys equipment for $95,000 that will last for 7 years. The equipment will generate cash flows of $22,000 per year and will have no salvage value at the end of its life. Ignore taxes. Use 16% required rate of return.
(a) What is the present value (PV) of this investment at 16%? (5 points)
(b) What is the net present value (NPV) of this investment? Should Sampson Corp buy the equipment based on NPV? Justify your decision. (10 points)
(c) What is the internal rate of return (IRR) of this investment? (5 points)
(d) What is the payback period? (5 points) (Points : 25)
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more