According to Kotter, while leadership is an age-old concept, the idea of management
1. According to Kotter, while leadership is an age-old concept, the idea of management was developed during the industrial revolution.
True or False
2. Mexicans expect their leaders to:
a. empower them
b. be creative
c. provide answers
d. give them independence
3. Dealing with external constituents is central to the function of upper echelon leaders.
True or False
4. French employees typically do not expect to participate in decision making to the same extent as U.S. or Swedish employees. This may be partially because:
a. France is a high power distance culture
b. U.S. and Swedish employees are often better trained
c. France is less collectivistic that the U.S. or Sweden
d. the French are not comfortable with uncertainty
5. In both laissez faire and management by exception, the leader only interacts with followers to correct or punish.
True or False
6. The modern approach to charismatic leadership is primarily associated with which of the following researchers?
a. Bass and House
b. Stogdill and Fiedler
c. Kirkpatrick and Locke
d. Vroom and Yetton
7. Which of the following are not guidelines for establishing productive mentor relationships?
a. find many mentors instead of looking for one person
b. find mentors from senior levels only
c. informal relationships to provide causal support
d. add mentors as roles and responsibilities change
8. A U.S. manager who is negotiating in China has difficulty getting his Chinese counterparts to agree to put the details of their new contract on paper. At the same time, the Chinese managers are frustrated at the U.S. manager’s insistence to clarify every detail. This conflict is can be partially attributed to:
a. the U.S. superiority in business interactions
b. the Chinese not trusting the U.S. manager
c. the difference in how the two cultures use context
d. the differences in the two countries political systems
9. Individualistic cultures tend to:
a. expect people to conform to social norms before they become independent
b. emphasize performance over social support
c. focus on individual achievement
d. value material goods
10. To influence supervisors, rational persuasion is the most appropriate influence tactic.
True or False
11. Personality is best defined as:
a. a person’s traits based on their genes
b. a set of traits that make a person unique
c. how people behave based on their values
d. behaviors that make people different
12. _____ is defined as the ‘expansion of a person’s capacity to be effective in leadership roles and processes.’
a. Leader education
b. Leader training
c. Leadership seminar
d. Leader development
13. In less than 50 words. Discuss the concept of a “learning organization” according to Peter Senge
14. Leaders are effective when their followers achieve their goals, can function well together, and can adapt to the changing demands from external forces.
True or False
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more