q2May 6, 2017
c2 Part I: Identifying ConstraintsMay 6, 2017
The fundamental reference for all four SLP assignments is the Continuous Process Improvement Transformation Guidebook. You should acquaint yourself with its contents before beginning the first SLP, refer to it throughout the course, and cite relevant portions as you prepare each SLP assignment.
This SLP assignment continues the analysis of the process described in the Moduel 1 SLP assignment. For this assignment, please write an essay describing:
- The end users of the process output. How dependent are they upon the output? If the output were interrupted or delayed, how affected would they be? Do they have alternative suppliers? Could they substitute other goods or services for the process output?
- The process stakeholders. These are all the entities (people, groups, organizations, etc.) affected in some way by the process. Obviously, the end users are stakeholders. Other stakeholders are the people who perform the process, the suppliers, and the entities who are dependent upon them. Describe the stakeholders and the nature of their dependence on the process.
- The process “touch points” (places, or points in time, where something specific happens). They may involve different entities or people. Consider, for example, assembling an auto engine. Three (of the many) touch points are installing pistons, mounting the crankshaft, connecting the piston tie rods to the crankshaft.
SLP Assignment Expectations
- There are no page limits. Write what you need to write, neither more nor less. Make each sentence count! (Having said that; it’s unlikely that one page would be enough, and very likely that eight pages would be too much.)
- Ensure that your answer reflects your detailed understanding of the theory and techniques taught in this module.
- References and citations are required. This requirement can be satisfied by citing the module Home page, and (for the SLP) the DOD CPI Guidebook.