11 Grade Chemistry
Gas Laws Quiz Preview
The Gas Laws quiz will be multiple-choice questions based on the questions in this list. Fill in this page and then take the quiz. Be sure to find the correct answer from the choices on the quiz and remember that rounding numbers may cause some to be off just a little. If you see an answer which is off by a few tenths, count it as being right.
Make sure you know the formulas for the gas laws:
1. (Hint – a T or F question about which temperature scale to use on gas law problems.)
2. Convert 71 °C to Kelvin. __?__
3. Atmospheric pressure is the result of the weight of gas particles above you. How does this pressure change as you drive from a valley to the top of a tall mountain? __?__. (increases, decreases, stays the same or varies with each gas)
4. One of these units is NOT used to measure pressure, which one? (atmospheres, kelvins, torrs, kilopascals)
5. The variable which Boyle’s Law holds constant is __?__. (temperature, pressure, volume, number of moles)
6. The variable that Charles held constant in the gas law that has his name was the __?__. (temperature, pressure, volume, number of moles)
7. Increasing the temperature of a balloon will have which effect on the balloon’s volume? __?__. (increases, decreases, stays the same or varies randomly)
8. A sample of gas is in a cylinder which has a volume of 1.5 L. If the cylinder is allowed to expand to 2.0 L, what will happen to the pressure of the gas? (increases, decreases, stays the same or cannot be determined)
9. Use Boyle’s law to solve this problem. A balloon occupies a volume of 0.93 liters at a pressure of 84.5 kPa. When the balloon is allowed to expand so that it occupies one full liter (the temperature is held constant), what is the pressure of the air inside of the balloon? __?__.
10. A cylinder of compressed gas occupies a volume of 0.54 liters and is under a pressure of 104 kPa. If the gas were released into a balloon at a pressure of 72 kPa, what would be the new volume of the balloon? __?__.
11. If Charles had 4.0 liters of hydrogen gas at 30 °C, how cool would it have to get to have a new volume of 2.8 liters? (be sure to give the answer in kevins). __?__. (Did you change the Celsius temperature to Kelvin? Gas law problems require that you use Kelvin temperatures.)
12. STP stands for standard temperature and pressure and is used in Gas Law problems. Standard temperature is 5 K and standard pressure is 1.00 atm. (True or False)
13. A ball at a temperature of 37.0 °C has a volume of 11.0 liters and a pressure of 1.60 atmospheres. What would be the resulting volume if the pressure is reduced to 1.00 atmosphere and the temperature lowered to 25.0 °C ? __?__. (Be careful with the temperatures – did you convert them to K?)
14. A ball has a volume of 9.0 liters and is subjected to a pressure of 3.5 atmospheres when its temperature is 74 °C. According to the ideal gas law, how many moles of gas are in the ball? (Hint: for this problem, use the value of R = 0.08206 L•atm/mol•K.) __?__. (Again, convert to Kelvin temperature.)
15. According to what you have studied about gases, what happens at absolute zero (0 K) ? __?__.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address email@example.com.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more