1. Which of the following statements is true?
A. When taking a sample from the population, the variable involved will always be qualitative.
B. A population is the object upon which we collect data.
C. In a true census, no inferential statistics can be done, because the entire population is the sample.
D. The definition of a census is the decennial census of the United States of America.
2. In a sample with mean x = 12 and standard deviation s = 3.5, a data point at 16.8 would have what sample z-score?
D. We can’t know the answer without knowing the population mean μ and standard deviation σ.
3. Use the following data sample to answer the question. 4, 14, 6, 9, 21, 3, 7, 10
What is the variance of this data sample?
4. Use the following data sample to answer the question. 4, 14, 6, 9, 21, 3, 7, 10
What is the standard deviation of this data sample?
5. Consider the following chart:
Which of the measures of central tendency would best represent that data?
D. Standard deviation
6. To answer the question, refer to the following list of raw data.
63, 71, 72, 77, 77, 78, 86, 77, 88, 88
What is the mean for the data?
7. To answer the question, refer to the following list of raw data. 63, 71, 72, 77, 77, 78, 86, 77, 88, 88
What is the mode for the data?
8. To answer the question, refer to the following data.
Ten students were sampled at random from a student population. Each was asked how many courses he or she was planning on studying in the upcoming year. The following is a list of the reported data values: 1, 2,
2, 3, 4, 5, 5, 5, 5, 6
What is the variance for the data values?
9. A particular sample contains 50 data values. According to Chebyshev’s theorem, which of the following is the number of values you would expect to fall within 3.0 standard deviations of the mean?
10. When a sample is taken from a larger population, this suggests that which of the following will be used?
A. Descriptive statistics
B. Inferential statistics
C. Computation of a sample mean
D. Independent events
11. Which of the following are parameters of a population?
A. σ and n
B. μ and σ
C. α and σ
D. μ and x
12. A population is a collection of _______ about which we will measure certain characteristics or properties, called _______.
A. individuals, sample values
B. experimental units, variables
C. people, traits
D. data, numbers
13. Which of the following statements about interpreting standard deviation is true?
A. Neither Chebyshev’s Rule nor the Emprical Rule require any assumptions about the frequency distribution.
B. Neither the Empirical Rule nor Chebyshev’s Rule can be applied to data unless the frequency distribution is mound-shaped and symmetrical.
C. Chebyshev’s Rule can’t be applied unless the frequency distribution is mound-shaped and symmetric. The Empirical Rule can
be applied to any data set, regardless of the shape of its frequency distribution.
D. The Empirical Rule can’t be applied unless the frequency distribution is mound-shaped and symmetric. Chebyshev’s Rule can be applied to any data set, regardless of the shape of its frequency distribution.
14. Given the data set 3, 6, 2, 9, –1, 0, compute Σ(x + 1)2.
15. When creating a histogram, it’s important to ensure that the classes of data satisfy which properties?
A. They must be mutually exclusive and exhaustive.
B. They must include each interval on the number line.
C. No requirements are made; the individual creating the graph is free to choose any classes.
D. They must be all the same size.
16. Which of the following involves inferential statistics as opposed to descriptive statistics?
A. A class of 50 statistics students earned an average grade of 73.5.
B. A local cable system, using a sample of 500 subscribers, estimates that 40 percent of its subscribers watch a premium channel
at least once per day.
C. The city business office reported 35 building permits for new single-family housing units.
D. The Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms department reported that Houston had 1,791 registered gun dealers in 1997.
17. Several ways to make a bar graph deceptive appear below. Which of these is sometimes used to exaggerate differences from one data value to the next?
A. Making the graph shorter than it needs to be
B. Making the graph taller than it needs to be
C. Starting the vertical axis at a point greater than zero
D. A gap in the vertical axis
18. If a great many data values cluster to the left of a data distribution, which then tails off to the right, the distribution is referred to as
A. leftward skewed.
B. rightward skewed.
19. What is the difference between a histogram and a bar chart?
A. A histogram and a bar chart both reflect qualitative data.
B. The adjacent rectangles in a bar chart have a gap, while those for a histogram don’t.
C. The adjacent rectangles in a histogram have a gap, while those for a bar chart don’t.
D. A histogram reflects qualitative data, while the bar chart represents quantitative data.
20. Which of the following statements is true about a stem-and-leaf plot?
A. It separates data at the decimal point, creating horizontal rows whose values are close together.
B. Stem-and-leaf plots are histograms whose bars have been arranged in decreasing order of frequency.
C. It involves creating columns of dots, one for each datum in the sample.
D. It uses vertical bars to illustrate a probability distribution.
We value our customers, and so ensure that our papers are 100 percent original. Our Team of professionals does not miss the mark; they ensure that step by step each paper is written uniquely. We never duplicate or work as we compare papers rest assured. We deliver our work a day before time to ensure that you don’t miss your deadlines. It is not only doing the work but delivering it at the right time. We capture the consequences of late remittances. .
We value customer satisfaction here at popularessaywriters.com and make sure that you get the best value for your Money. It happens that sometimes you can pay twice for your order or may want to cancel it, or you feel that it doesn’t meet your requirements; our money back guarantee will give you the opportunity to get back your money. We will also refund 100% of money paid double. In case your paper does not satisfy your requirements , we request that you notify us via writing within 2 days otherwise on the third day we will assume that you have been satisfied. Do all your correspondences through our email address firstname.lastname@example.org.Read more
At popularessaywriters.com, our professional writers know the consequence plagiarism does for our clients. We have updated software’s such as article checker and copyscape to check for originality of the custom papers before submission of the final paper to the you. Our guarantee to the customer is that we will write 100% original papers for them that are quality, timely and of low cost. We have experienced professional and competent PhD writers who will write quality custom papers for you..Read more
. At popularessaywriters.com, we are proud to provide top-quality Essay writing service to our esteemed customers. We are ready to take up that challenging academic assignment that is giving you sleepless nights and simplify it for you according to your desired requirements. We are willing to revise your paper if it does not meet your requirements. At popularessaywriters.com, we do not compromise with quality; thus, we offer unlimited free revisions until the customer is satisfied with their custom paper. Our unlimited free revision services are provided under the following terms:.. .Read more
Popularessawriters.com knows that client’s information is an essential tool for our company. It means that whatever the client requests from our service is kept strictly confidential. It means that whoever writes for this company understands the terms and conditions hence you should not be worried because you will never see your work somewhere else...Read more
Rest assured that we will always be attentive to your needs and requirements. We belief in the phrase treat your neighbour as you would want them to treat you. We leave nothing to chance and always look forward to a good interaction with each other.. .Read more